Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions When And Which Year Bible Was Corrupted?

• When And Which Year Bible Was Corrupted?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 27, 2020 at 7:09 pm

Corruption has been done in parts of the Bible that consist of history. Please watch this to understand the nature of corruption.

https://youtu.be/indT1IIWLFM

• Muhammad Anas Ghauri

Member July 27, 2020 at 7:14 pm

Thank you so much

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 27, 2020 at 11:57 pm

If Bible and Torah is corrupted, why do Muslims use the same books to prove the prophesies of Muhammad’s arrival in them, in order to prove that Allah already showed his arrival in the Bible and Torah ? How do we know those parts which talk about Muhammad’s arrival aren’t corrupted ?

If Bible and Torah are words of God, why did God allow them to be corrupted and why did God not preserve them ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 28, 2020 at 1:15 am

I don’t think that you watched the video.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 28, 2020 at 1:23 am

I didn’t . I am asking a general question.. not refuting the video.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 28, 2020 at 1:24 am

Understood. But the video already answers your questions.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 28, 2020 at 1:26 am

Actually it doesn’t address the prophesies of the arrival of Muhammad point.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 28, 2020 at 1:29 am

If you watched the video and understand that there’s no corruption in the word of God, then what question remains on the prophecy?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 28, 2020 at 3:15 am

I couldn’t understand it properly from the video. Please explain.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 28, 2020 at 9:08 am

I understand your question completely. But your question stems from a wrong assumption. Its not like Muslims claim that the Bible is corrupted, but then only conveniently use the part which foretells Muhammad (pbuh)’s coming. That’s just one part.

We consider other parts of it as authentic as well and i would also urge you to read the Bible, or atleast introduce yourself to it incase you haven’t already. The parables that it includes inside of it, apart from them being a literary delight for the reader, you would be amazed at how much they are in harmony with the Quran. Infact, it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that sometimes you can’t even tell whether you’re reading a piece from the Bible or the Quran if youre reading the English translation.

Infact, an example of this would be David’s hymns in Zabur which are synonymous to Surah Fatihah.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 28, 2020 at 9:56 am

Let me ask you a question because I heard it from many Muslims. When Muhammad started his preaching of Qur’an, the Jews and Christians at that time in Arabia, had books like torah and bible with them. Were those books with Jews/Christians in 7th century Arabia, authentic words of God ? Were they the same books which were revealed to Moses and Jesus respectively?

• Muhammad Anas Ghauri

Member July 28, 2020 at 8:51 am
    • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 28, 2020 at 8:56 am

Here Zakir Naik is saying Qur’an will be used to judge which parts of the Bible are not corrupted.. it is circular reasoning.

• Muhammad Anas Ghauri

Member July 28, 2020 at 9:15 am

You need to watch detailed answer

https://youtu.be/thSbSmOxeBs

And first clear

Muslims argue from the Bible only to invite Christians to at least accept their own book, not ours. This is not an argument or Hujjat for us but for you, we only believe this book

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 28, 2020 at 9:27 am

Doesn’t Qur’an say that Muslims have to have belief in the Books , a plural ?

• Muhammad Anas Ghauri

Member July 29, 2020 at 6:54 am

Read last Ruku of Surah Al Baqarah

• Ali Shaikh

Member July 29, 2020 at 12:19 am

OT clearly says how it was currupted:

How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the LORD,” when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies? Jeremiah 8:8

Even biblical scholar and commentator Adam Clark agree on this:-

The pen of the scribes is in vain – The deceitful pen of the scribes. They have written falsely, though they had the truth before them. It is too bold an assertion to say that “the Jews have never falsified the sacred oracles;” they have done it again and again. They have written falsities when they knew they were such.

https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/acc/jeremiah-8.html

With regard to gospels:-

Biblical Scholars agree on this that these were written between 80-200 AD

For more details visit

https://www.answering-christianity.com/authors_gospels.htm

https://youtu.be/osjtJrW2T9I

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register