Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Mosques In Nation States

• Mosques In Nation States

Posted by Muhammad Anas Ghauri on July 27, 2020 at 7:14 pm

I just realized

Nation state in Europe and others Seculars countries,

Mosque build by privately by their Muslims communities through donations not by the government

Second thing all mosques build in Muslims populated areas not in Christian areas

So, the point is already Saidpur Temple at Saidpur, Islamabad

Only 4,5k population of Hindus there(correct me if I’m wrong)

Hindus and other minorities need separate schools, colleges and other several facilities in Pakistan more than a Mandir

So is it relevant to build Mandir in Islamabad

Muhammad Anas Ghauri replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mosques In Nation States

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 27, 2020 at 7:22 pm

The point is that, being a nation state, a government does not need to pay for any places of worship. But they can’t favor one religion over another by paying for one religion’s places of worship and not the other.

In western countries, governments do not pay for any religion’s places of worship. They do, however, provide tax benefits to such institutions, but they do it for all religions equally.

Also western countries do not stop anyone from building mosques anywhere. It just so happens that wherever there’s a mosque, Muslim community moves in to those neighborhoods so that going to mosques is more convenient for them.

• Muhammad Anas Ghauri

Member July 27, 2020 at 8:25 pm

Expect few, All Mosques in Pakistan build through donations or Some rich people of their fiqah

Pakistani government not usually build any Mosque by the government taxes

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register