Member July 27, 2020 at 10:57 pm

No we can not offer qurbani for them

• Talha Abbas

Member July 27, 2020 at 11:01 pm

Can you please give me the argument.

• Ayema Zahoor

Member July 27, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The basic principle concerning the udhiyah is that it is prescribed for the living, as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions used to offer the sacrifice on behalf of themselves and their families. With regard to what some of the common folk think, that the sacrifice may be offered on behalf of the dead, there is no basis for that.

Udhiyah on behalf of the dead may be of three types:

1 – When it is offered on their behalf as well as on behalf of the living, such as when a man offers a sacrifice on behalf of himself and the members of his family, and intends thereby both those who are alive and those who are dead. This is permissible, and the basis of that is the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered the sacrifice on behalf of himself and the members of his family, some of whom had previously died.

• ISHTAYAQUE AHMED

Member July 28, 2020 at 1:59 am

Offcourse we can do the Qurbani for deceased relatives and friends. There is nothing wrong in it.

• Talha Abbas

Member July 28, 2020 at 2:18 am

I am asking for an argument or if you have a clip of Ghamidi Sahab you can share it.

I know that there are many point of views on this matter but don’t take it emotionally.Thanks

• Umer

Moderator July 28, 2020 at 7:03 am

According to my understanding, all such deeds which are done with the intent of transfer of reward to the dead must be seen in the light of following principles:

Discussion 1314

Discussion 8917

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register