Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Will Only Muslims Go To Jannah? Non-Muslims Necessarily Doomed In The Hereafter?

• Will Only Muslims Go To Jannah? Non-Muslims Necessarily Doomed In The Hereafter?

Posted by Umer on June 25, 2020 at 9:12 pm

It is generally held that all non-Muslims will necessarily go to Hell. Verses like the following usually form the basis of this view:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَـابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ فِى نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَـالِدِينَ فِيهَآ أَوْلَـئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ الْبَرِيَّةِ (98 :6)

These disbelievers among the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] and the Idolaters shall burn for ever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. (98:6)[7]

It must be appreciated that these verses speak of the Jews and Christians and the Idolaters of the Prophet Muhammad’s (sws) times, who had deliberately denied the message of Muhammad (sws). As far as the non-Muslims of later times are concerned, they will meet this fate only if they are not sincere seekers of the truth and also deny the messengerhood of Muhammad (sws) in spite of being convinced about its veracity.

(Dr Shehzad Saleem)

Umer replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Will Only Muslims Go To Jannah? Non-Muslims Necessarily Doomed In The Hereafter?

Umer updated 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator June 26, 2020 at 2:27 am
  • Umer

Moderator June 26, 2020 at 2:28 am
  • Monis Saeed

Member July 10, 2020 at 2:44 pm

Great thread

• Monis Saeed

Member July 10, 2020 at 4:05 pm

Why is this not the opinion of other scholars ? Also is there any other scholar in the history of that opinion other than Ghamidi sahb?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 10, 2020 at 8:06 pm

@MS25 after what is clearly stated in Quran 2:62 and 5:69, does it really matter what other past or present scholars say about this matter?

• Monis Saeed

Member July 10, 2020 at 10:45 pm

I am not sure about scholars but Sahabas attitude does matter, I guess

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 10, 2020 at 11:07 pm

Personally to me if the Quran has stated something clearly and categorically – not even once but twice – and I have believed in the Quran as an uncorrupted word of God, then the buck stops there – I really need not look anywhere else.

• Umer

Moderator July 11, 2020 at 1:02 am