Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Murderer's Repentance

• Murderer's Repentance

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 29, 2020 at 11:39 am

Ghamidi sahab says a murderer will have abdi jahannam. But the verse in surah Nisa (93) does not say abadan. It just says khaalideena feeha. If a murderer commtis this crime will he ever be forgiven by doing good deeds? This entire huqooq ul ibaad seems as though it doesnt really have basis in the Quran. Eg surah Zumar 53

Sahih al-Bukhari 97:134

Narrated Anas:

I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, “On the Day of Resurrection I will intercede and say, “O my Lord! Admit into Paradise (even) those who have faith equal to a mustard seed in their hearts.” Such people will enter Paradise, and then I will say, ‘O (Allah) admit into Paradise (even) those who have the least amount of faith in their hearts.” Anas then said: As if I were just now looking at the fingers of Allah’s Apostle.

Book of Oneness, Uniqueness of Allah (Tawheed)

How valid is this hadith according to principles laid by Quran?

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 31 Replies
  • 31 Replies
  • Murderer's Repentance

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 31 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 29, 2020 at 12:53 pm

This hadith is going to create more issues now .. is it graded Sahih ??

Will Prophet intercede for murderers and rapists also if they have slightest bit of faith in their hearts ?

This could be interesting.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 12:54 pm
    • Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 30, 2020 at 3:37 pm

This hadith is right in line with our understanding from the Quran. In fact Ghamidi sahab has also explained this hadith (I believe in Meezan). The word intercession is used in the sense of to second someone. When a person has any iman in his heart, he will feel guilty of his mistakes and be seeking forgiveness. Prophet SAW will also second that person in his plea to Allah SWT. This is the kind of behavior that is required as opposed to a rebellious attitude where a person not only commits mistakes but also insists upon them.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 3:45 pm

@faisalharoon what’s about a murderer- will he enter heaven or is it eternal hell? The seed of Oman part

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 30, 2020 at 4:04 pm

A murder is a crime against another human being. The only way for this kind of crimes to be forgiven is for the victim to forgive first. Please see:

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/81/123

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:36 pm

Brother @faisalharoon is this concept present in Quran

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Faisal bhai, this hadith is talking about asking for forgiveness to the victim before his death.. if he murdered someone, how can he ask for forgiveness from him ?

Also, is this hadith Sahih ? Based on what ? This is not part of Sunnah right ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:40 pm

I believe the potential forgiveness will take place on the day of judgement

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:52 pm

The hadith is saying he should secure pardon in this life.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 11:01 pm

Does it mean if the victim doesn’t forgive him, Allah can’t forgive the murderer ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 11:18 pm

@faisalharoon do you think the murderer will be able to be forgiven in hereafter by murdered- is this concept found anywhere?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 2:25 pm

Is this hadith sahih ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Also, why does a Prophet tell Allah how to judge someone ? Doesn’t Allah know it already ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 2:32 pm

I don’t know if it’s sahih. That’s not the concept of intercession or judgement.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 2:34 pm

If it is not Sahih, then let’s show why it is not Sahih .. and then let’s leave it.

If it is Sahih, it is problematic. It clearly shows wrong thing approval by Prophet.

• Ali Shaikh

Member July 30, 2020 at 4:03 pm

Well it’s matter of Allah swt whether he will forgive him or not, even after repentance.

And if Allah swt didn’t and he have faith then after punishment he will enter heaven

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 11:03 pm

If two people commit the same crime, and if everything else in their life is same, can Allah arbitrarily choose to forgive one and not the other ?

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 30, 2020 at 4:06 pm
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:35 pm

The basic question here is : Why is Prophet telling Allah to make someone enter heaven based on very little faith in his heart ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:37 pm

He is not ‘telling’. God has made clear that this intercession will not occur without his permission- ayat kursi is an example of this

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Then what is the point of telling ? Is Allah asking Prophet to say something about the person, which Allah already knows ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:42 pm

It is an honour for the person I believe. You should also ask why is there any judgement or evidence bringing at all if God already knows everything. It is to show man I believe

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Honor for whom ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:19 am

It is an honor for whom ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:20 am

For the person this intercession is taking place for

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:22 am

And why is he being honored ? If he committed rape and murder.. then why should he be honored ?

Will Allah change his decision based on Prophet’s intercession ? If not, what is the point of honoring that soul ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:24 am

I am waiting on Faisal sahabs answer on whether a murderer can be forgiven.

It’s not like Allah will say take him to hell the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم will run after him and say Allah please don’t do this.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:26 am

If Prophet will not say that, even if the rapist and murderer had a lot of faith and belief in him (just a mustard seed is enough) then why he mentioned that he will say it.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:23 am

Also, you have to tell me the concept of intercession, as Sahabas understood it.. because they asked Prophet if he will intercede..

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:24 am
    • Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 31, 2020 at 2:02 am

I have concisely explained intercession above. No one will be forgiven just because of intercession. Also if someone has wronged another human, he will have to be forgiven by that person first. From the mustard seed example, prophet SAW is relating the attitude of a person who has even just a little bit of iman in his heart.

That said, this is not the topic of intercession so I am closing it. Please try to stick to the topic in the future. If your question requires a new discussion please don’t hesitate to start one.

The discussion "Murderer's Repentance" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now