Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy How Does Allah Decide Who Will Be His Messenger ?

• How Does Allah Decide Who Will Be His Messenger ?

Posted by Sameer Bhagwat on July 30, 2020 at 7:39 am

We know Allah sends his messengers to the humanity to propagate his message and inform humans for the truth, so that they can be warned against sins like polytheism.

My question is, how does Allah decide who will be his messenger ? Among millions of humans in the world, how does he select a human being to work as his messenger, and why are others not selected for this purpose? Was there any criterion on which a particular man is selected for the purpose of spreading his message ? Why no woman is ever selected for it ?

Also, does the chosen messenger have the free will to select or reject this order to become messenger? What if the chosen messenger, like Jesus or Muhammad, decide on his own free will that he doesn’t want to become messenger, what will be God’s response to that ? Will he select some other messenger then ?

Sameer Bhagwat replied 3 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 42 Replies
  • 42 Replies
  • How Does Allah Decide Who Will Be His Messenger ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 7:50 am

A related question is : If some man or woman claims to be a Prophet of God, and he/she is a false Prophet, how does Allah treat/punish him/her ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 12:00 pm

The treatment of false Prophet should be in the scheme of God’s worldly plans .. how does she deal with false Prophets?

• Ayema Zahoor

Member July 30, 2020 at 8:02 am

Why did you use her for Allah SWT

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 8:05 am

I use him/her interchangeably, since God has no specific gender. You are free to use He/Him if you prefer.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 30, 2020 at 9:49 am

@Zaxon see my inbox message, I have edited your post to be respectful to people on this forum. Pls. avoid this in future.

Thanks

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 9:57 am

Is there a clear directive where Allah has masculine feature ? It is common practice to use He/She for any entity, and not assume gender when it is not clear.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 30, 2020 at 9:59 am

We know what is common practice, your post has been edited to conform with the common usage. I am little busy to engage with you on gender argument today.

Thank you

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:03 am

Common practice can’t be used to justify prohibition of a usage when Allah also refers as “I / We/ He” .. we can’t prohibit something unless it is specifically mentioned that masculine gender is the only valid address for Allah. I don’t think what you did was fair, and your allegation on me is doubly unfair.

Anyway, this was not the main topic of the thread, so I am not pushing this gender point further.. concentrate on the main question.

Just for your reference, “She” is a common usage in many modern literature/articles to refer to people/employees when the gender is not assumed.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 2:22 pm

Question repeating if it got missed in gender discussion:

What is Allah’s plan to deal with false Prophets who claim they are messengers of Allah ? Some sects in Islam claim similar things, does Allah give them worldly punishment ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 30, 2020 at 5:46 pm

All falsehood is punishable by Allah. That is the gist of the test – our attitude towards truth versus falsehood.

As for those within such sects who have knowingly taken up falsehood, there should be no question about their punishment. And as for those who have truly erred on the matter, we should be hopeful that Allah will deal with them mercifully.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 10:27 pm

How does Allah punish them in this world ? How does Allah stop their mission of Prophethood ?

Also, how does Allah choose the messenger ? What selection criterion is there? Why Muhammad was chosen and not anybody else in the whole world to be her final messenger ?

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 31, 2020 at 10:40 am

People who are the most sound morally. Who have the best of character and calibre. Who would do their job with utmost honesty and humility. He knows how each soul would do in this world so He picks the Best of the Best.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 10:52 am

So, what moral character the so-called Prophets displayed which wasn’t displayed by other humans ? Sorry to say, the morality displayed by these Prophets is not exactly very good. We see better morals people in today’s world than many of the people of the past.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 31, 2020 at 12:11 pm

“Sorry to say, the morality displayed by these Prophets is not exactly very good.”

What is the source of your claim?

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 31, 2020 at 12:14 pm

Because my research and knowledge tells me otherwise.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:22 pm

It is possible.. either you haven’t read some of the immoral accounts mentioned in those hadiths, OR you consider those hadiths fabricated.

I am giving you the benefit of doubt to assume that you don’t consider these alleged actions moral . Some Muslims do indeed consider those immoral actions as perfectly moral.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 31, 2020 at 12:47 pm

I am absolutely with you in this claim and this got me thinking one time as well.

But then, when you view the 1400 year history and the damage different sects have contributed in damaging and defaming different figures due to their own agendas/biases, then you start thinking with a clear mind.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 31, 2020 at 12:49 pm

However, how and why all these reports have made their way into the most authentic Ahadith collections, the answer to this im yet to find.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:55 pm

Well, I can point out immorality and logical problems in Qur’an itself, but then it will be difficult because I am going to base my opinion on some of the English translations .. as I don’t know Arabic at all.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:53 pm

As I said, no one knows the true character of the Prophet .. at best we can make the collective picture from his actions and sayings observed and narrated by various people.

We can always accept good comments about him and ignore bad comments as fabricated, but that will be dishonest. We need a solid evidence to reject those hadiths which paint a bad picture of the Prophet. If it is pick and choose, then it is not a good approach.

I am basing my opinion on Sahih hadiths in 6 Sunni sources and also from Ibn Ishaq’s biography of the prophet.. now I don’t claim them to be correct.. but these are some of the best available mainstream/widely accepted accounts.. if some other better and widely accepted accounts are available, I will change my opinion.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 31, 2020 at 12:56 pm
    • Umer

Moderator July 31, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Prophet’s character as ‘Sadiq & Ameen’ is not based on these narrations which in terms of ilm-e-Hadith are known as Akhbar-i-ahad, rather it is based on established history. We need to differentiate between these two. The problem arises when people conflate these two and consider them as equivalent to each other. The best available source is established history which is transmitted through the same means as are Quran and Sunnah. These narrations are inherently limited to be judged by yardstick of Quran and Sunnah. This is all in accordance with the Principles laid down by Ghamidi Sahab, we don’t accept or reject something solely because we don’t like the content, rather it’s all done across the board in accordance with the principles laid down. For our detailed point of view on the said matter, please refer to the following two videos.

Please refer from 41:28 till the end

• Umer

Moderator July 31, 2020 at 2:01 pm

Please refer from 44:46 till the end

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:14 pm

By reading the Sahih hadiths from Bukhari/Muslim/Abu Dawood etc. .. which many people here are rejecting as fabricated.. but that is the best available portrait of the character of the Prophet/companions.. till someone else comes with more widely accepted biography/hadiths collection.

• Ayema Zahoor

Member July 31, 2020 at 11:52 am

It’s Allah’s will and prophethood is his blessings he grants it to whom he wants. Allah is our creator and he has absolute knowledge and he does what’s he wants and you can’t understand it without submission otherwise you tried to find to kji in deen what’s Allah demand to you to become a good human polite and humble offer prayers do zakat and you are wasting yourself in such question. What will you after find the standard of prophecy? So it’s enough for us that they are Allah’s chosen people and Allah created them for our guidance that’s it fulfill your religion demands with this belief that it’s for your betterment.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 11:54 am

Actually your answer is a cop-out. Allah knows who has the best morals and he selected such a person to be the messenger.. the only issue is Allah didn’t inform us.. that person informed us .. now.. that raises concern.. that person can lie that he is chosen messenger ..

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 31, 2020 at 12:21 pm

Sure, that person can definitely lie. And actually, we have examples of that in the past and present both.

But we judge with what they put forth with their claim of Prophethood. The content that they present. If it fits the then established history, we accept. If it doesn’t, we dismiss.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:24 pm

The problem is.. the followers will ALWAYS have reasons to believe that their hero’s claims are matching with established history.

Wasim Akram is my favourite player.. so I find any bad bowling clips of him as having some other reasons, or mostly I ignore them.. we all do it with the people who are our favourites.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 31, 2020 at 12:33 pm

Or it could be, that the rejecters always assume on the followers’ part a lot of things which are not true such as what you have claimed in your statement above.

We don’t have any bias. We accept purely based on the integrity of the content. You however, could dismiss for the very same reason. That’s your right.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:38 pm

That’s right.. but I am basing my opinion on the evidence .. I don’t reject or select someone as the messenger of God .. it is a huge claim and the onus of the proof lies on the one who is claiming it..

The problem is .. someone who claims to be the messenger, and if people didn’t accept him, he killed them.. claiming that God ordered it .. now this will create problem.. because once you justify it, you will have to justify the killing of humans done by those false prophets too (who are false in your opinion). They are following the same principle which your true Prophet followed.

• Ayema Zahoor

Member July 31, 2020 at 12:06 pm

Then give me answer of your question.what do you think about it.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 12:09 pm

In my opinion, some men claimed to be the messengers/prophets .. their claim is not proven to be true .. humans have been doing it for centuries.. even now many God-men are alive and present in various parts of the world and their followers think them to be Prophets … while others think that they are liars.

Evidence for ALL of them is pretty poor…

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 2:19 pm

I will repost my comment here once again:

The problem is .. someone who claims to be the messenger, and if people didn’t accept him, he killed them.. claiming that God ordered it .. now this will create problem.. because once you justify it, you will have to justify the killing of humans done by those false prophets too (who are false in your opinion). They are following the same principle which your true Prophet followed.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 2:20 pm

I am not sure who called Muhammad al-sadiq .. but I know that many Arabians called him mad and many opposed him as a false Prophet.. now we can call all of them liars .. but that is the case with every false Prophet.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 2:22 pm

There are hadiths where Prophet permitted lies to kill the enemy .. now how can he be called truthful if he permitted lies ? If I present the hadith, people may say it is a fabricated hadith.. so by that logic, every account which violates his truthfulness or morality, will be called fabricated..by this logic, I can prove Hitler also the most merciful ruler.

• Umer

Moderator July 31, 2020 at 3:58 pm

No body will take this seriously if you say Hitler was a merciful leader because the whole world is aware of atrocities committed by Hitler. The world doesn’t need anyone’s narration / Akhbar-i-Ahad to know that because it is an established history which doesn’t depend upon any single narrator transmitting it. However, regarding certain nuances of Hitler’s life, what he spoke at a certain day or how he acted at a certain event, we need to depend on those narrations / Akhbar-i-Ahad, but those narrations have no bearing on the established history that has consensus of the masses (ijma).

Furthermore, to study our take on Prophethood, please refer to these threads:

Discussion 15736

Discussion 16063

Discussion 16080

Discussion 16087

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 10:41 pm

I think you can see Nazism still being followed by many and they adore Hitler and justify everything he did. His actions were criticised by the rest of the world, mainly because he lost.. there are many similar actions done by other leaders in history, we adore but they were also cruel.. but since their followers are in millions/billions, we don’t see them being criticised as much.. but when we hear their opponents they term them as mass murderers.

It finally depends on whether we are talking to their followers or opponents.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 31, 2020 at 11:00 pm

When someone kills you for not believing in him, and some followers justify it as God’s order, well, that raises questions on their benchmarks of morality. As I said, by this logic, every killing can be justified. All one has to do is to claim himself as the messenger of God, and decide to kill the opponents and then justify it as God’s will.

I am sure if anyone else like Hitler did it, we call him a cruel man (he was also driven by some principles HE thought were good)..

I can’t believe I have to justify the criticism of someone who killed people for not accepting his message. The argument that it was not he who killed, but God did so, is being highlighted but I am sure if anyone else claimed the same, my Muslim friends will not like it.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 1, 2020 at 8:32 am

There are many people today also, who claim to be divine and say that their actions are inspired by God.. people do sacrifice their children to please the God because apparently God told them so..

Now anyone who does any act like that today and kills other people in the name of God will be arrested and put behind bars, but somehow someone we like, if he does it, he is revered .

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 1, 2020 at 2:45 pm
    • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 1, 2020 at 3:16 pm

The concept of prophethood is proven to people through itmam e hujjat. And God shows divine proofs and evidences. No one can reject them except through stubbornness. This is like the clarity of the sun. If someone comes today and performs this scheme on us we will have no option other than to submit

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 1, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Clarity of the sun ?? So, where is that clarity now ? If Qur’an is so clear, why the majority of scholars can’t understand it apart from Ghamidi saab ?

What proofs did God show for Muhammad?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register