Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Tagged: , ,

• Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 30, 2020 at 11:29 am

The same way we do taqlid of the consensus of medical professional- if we started to follow a doctor that no one accepts we would be deemed idiots. Why does this analogy not apply to us following Ghamidi sahab despite many scholars rejecting him and his views. When we are not medical professionals we don’t follow people who say weird things. Also- doctors go through a specific training process- has JAG gone through this?

$ohail T@hir replied 3 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 11:50 am

We need to consider views of a person and not his personality. No one is asking you to “follow” Ghamidi saab, and he also never said that he was perfect.

He is presenting his views in the light of Qur’an and Sunnah.. the two most authentic sources of Islam which every Muslim agrees, and most of the time he is very logical and consistent. I don’t find him arrogant to claim that he is always right and you must follow him without questioning. Many other scholars are arrogant and get angry over uncomfortable questions and calling the questioner as “unnecessary provoking” . On the other hand, I find JAG to be a humble and logical man, and I am impressed with these qualities of Ghamidi saab.

If you feel his analysis is wrong, present your argument and prove the argument wrong. Dismissing Ghamidi saab just because other scholars don’t agree with him, is not correct.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm

Brother I want to agree but what about their argument- we are not medical professionals so shouldn’t judge a doctor based on our limited reasoning- same with religion

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 12:18 pm

We go to a medical professional to get ourselves treated, and we have no way to examine the correctness of his prescription. Here, we can very well analyse all the arguments and make judgments based on our reason, that which scholar is making more sense, on a particular issue.

Allah asks us to use our reason.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 12:35 pm

And they say a part of this reason is don’t follow radically different views. The same way we can learn about the science behind medicine we can learn the reasoning . But if we come to a radically different view then doesn’t it make sense that this is because we are laymen not experienced in the field?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm

On advanced topics in Islam, I agree with you, but you will find that these scholars dismiss Ghamidi saab on some very basic issues, like blasphemy or apostasy punishments or women’s rights. I am sure, such basic issues, any reasonable human can apply his own mind to figure out who is making more sense.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 30, 2020 at 12:17 pm

Taqleed generally refers to blind following of our ancestors without questioning, even when evidence is to the contrary. This is not a healthy behavior, and quite contrary to the spirit of Islam. Even Quran argues against such behavior and motivates people to use their intellect to infer things on the basis of evidence. Please see Quran 25:72-73 for an example.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 30, 2020 at 4:40 pm
  • $ohail T@hir

• $ohail T@hir

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register