Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Who Are Muslim And Non-Muslims According To The Quran?

• Who Are Muslim And Non-Muslims According To The Quran?

Posted by Rizwan Muslim on July 31, 2020 at 10:48 am

I want to clear my ambiguity regarding as in Qur’an Surah BAQRAH Ibrahim alaham Salam pray to ALLAH that all people from my pedigry will be Muslims but later people of different prophet called them yahodi n Christian by their own will due to following of specific prophet by denying their ancester pray to be Muslim.My questio is that if Qur’an narrating Ibrahim prayer of Muslim pedigry why we called them all people other than MUHAMMAD PBUH pedigry non Muslims,even Qur’an asked them with name of Yahodi n Nasrani.Kindly clear my confusion as they are belong to ALLAH’s religion why they are non muslims

Umer replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Who Are Muslim And Non-Muslims According To The Quran?

Umer updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator August 2, 2020 at 11:19 am

Among other things, belief in all Prophets and all Divine Books is an essential part of a Muslim belief system, including belief in Prophet Muhammad (sws) and Quran as well. People who in addition to denying that, don’t want to associate themselves with Islam or being called as Muslims, why should we force this name on them?

Calling someone Non-Muslim is not an insult, it is this demarcation of belief system. Quran used the same demarcation to identify these differing belief systems by calling those groups with names they prefer for themselves.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 2, 2020 at 12:30 pm

When we say belief in all divine books is an essential part of a Muslim, does it mean he considers Bible and Torah as truth too ? Does he read them too ?

• Umer

Moderator August 2, 2020 at 2:22 pm

Belief in them in their true form the way they were revealed.

A Muslim can study the current versions of Torah and Bible in the light of Quran.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 2, 2020 at 7:45 pm

That means, the current versions of Torah and Bible are not in their true form. If someone wants to access the true Bible and Torah, how can he access them ?

• Umer

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 9:50 am

You can read the current versions available, there is no bar on you. As per Ghamidi Sahab’s research, he has reached to the conclusion when he read Bible in the light of Quran and History, the major corruption that happened in Torah was in discrediting the relationship of Abraham (AS) with his other son Ismael (AS).

You can refer to this video as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcr_XyjZ728

For further research based articles, you can refer to these as well:

Discussion 1827

Discussion 1826

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 5:39 am

Umer Bhai,

Can you please give a list of Qur’an verses which clearly outline the definition and criteria of being a Muslim ? Such that we can use those verses to identify the exact and minimum set of criteria to be a Muslim ? So, that we can create the exact definition difference b/w a Muslim and a non-Muslim .

• Umer

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 9:53 am

Sameer Bhai!

All of those verses have already been collected by Ghamidi Sahab in his book Meezan. You can also read the English version online there. You can find all those requirements of belief to be a Muslim in the Portion ‘Faith and Beliefs’.

https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/mizan

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register