To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Hijab In Non-Muslim Societies

• Hijab In Non-Muslim Societies

Rafia Khawaja updated 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator June 26, 2020 at 8:03 pm
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 10, 2020 at 8:24 pm

I suppose the full face covering or the burqa which is propagated as order of Allah, is not exactly Islamic.. here again the Maulanas and scholars of Islam who said that burqa or full face covering for women is an order from Allah, are misrepresenting Islam and misrepresenting Allah..

Isn’t it haraam to make rules in the name of Islam which Allah didn’t do ? How long can we allow Islam to be misrepresented in the name of “difference of opinion” ? Is Allah’s word so confusing that so many mainstream scholars are getting it wrong? Why was Allah not clear on this very basic issue of how much covering is required for women ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 10, 2020 at 8:27 pm

A related question, since this was about Muslim women in America:

What is the guidance given in Qur’an for Muslims when they live in non-Muslim societies and under non-Muslim rulers ? I understand they are given to honor their commitments of citizenship, but what about burqa ban in the European societies, which infringe on their basic religion ?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 10, 2020 at 8:49 pm

Ghamidi Sahib says the word Hijab or Purdah is not mentioned in the entire Qur’an. This is cultural thing and differs from country to country.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 11, 2020 at 12:08 am

If it were only a cultural thing, so many scholars wouldn’t propagate it in the name of Islam .. I understand Ghamidi saab’s interpretation of 33:59 is about specific women at the time of Prophet, but most of the other scholars consider it applicable for all time.

When it is just a cultural thing, why is it being propagated in the name of Islam in all parts of the world ?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 11, 2020 at 8:46 am

Obviously every one has a right to give their own interpretation. I accept what convinces me the most!

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 19, 2020 at 9:27 am

Scholars can interpret everything they way it convinces them. Difference of opinion

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register