Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Surah Al Maida Ayat 31

• Surah Al Maida Ayat 31

Posted by Mohammed Rasool on August 2, 2020 at 12:21 pm

Surah Al Maida Ayat 31

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

Then Allah sent a crow searching in the ground to show him how to hide the disgrace of his brother. He said, “O woe to me! Have I failed to be like this crow and hide the body of my brother?” And he became of the regretful.

My Question is why Allah sent a Raven to teach One of the trangressing son of Adam to hide the body it is like covering up for murder? If the Raven and his scratching and searching is a metaphor then this shows that the lesson is to uncover the truth and not hide it as the Birds scratch the surface of the earth in search of food in other words “uncover the food or truth” not conceal it. I really feel like this was not translated correctly but the translation seems to be across the board, hence my confusion.

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Surah Al Maida Ayat 31

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:55 am

Brother I think you are interpreting based on your current societal upbringing etc. The crow scratched the ground to show the son of Adam how to bury a human in a graceful and honourable manner I believe

• Mohammed Rasool

Member August 3, 2020 at 1:23 pm

I am confused by your answer. If I have murdered my brother and I hide the body (bury) it. Is that not like trying to get away with murder? and If I was really regretfull I will confess(reveal) and not conceal (bury). I think we are missing something here as if this is a metaphor then Quranic metaphors can be complicated sometimes. I just cant connect how this is shameful to bury after murder to me if i was really ashamed of my act i will not hide the body instead confess and repent.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Brother I think the verse makes it clear- Qabil was so ashamed of murder- then the crow was sent and he was even more ashamed of how he just left his brother’s body therr- he didn’t even bury it either honor.

I think the murder wouldn’t have been known- it’s not like Qabil would’ve said that Habil just ran away- I think people would’ve known he murdered his brother

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register