Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Did Prophet (AS) Initiate Collection, Preservation And Compilation Of Hadith?

Tagged: , ,

• Did Prophet (AS) Initiate Collection, Preservation And Compilation Of Hadith?

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 18 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 2, 2020 at 1:45 pm

I asked this question in other thread also, but it fits here.. does it mean at least one narrator in the false hadith goes to hell ?

• Umer

Moderator August 2, 2020 at 2:19 pm

Why are you so interested in sending others to hell Sweat Smile

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 2, 2020 at 7:41 pm

I think you should ask this question to the Prophet, right ? I am just quoting him.

• Umer

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 1:24 pm

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him) said that whoever intentionally associated anything false to Him, He will find His place in Hell.

Now how do you know every narrator did so intentionally?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 2:54 pm

I did not say every narrator .. I said at least one of them. And I am only talking about attributing false statements to the Prophet, something he didn’t say.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 2, 2020 at 1:46 pm

We have many Sahih hadiths which are actually the things which Prophet did not say .. so we can claim that the narrators of those Sahih haidths are going to go to hell ..

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator August 2, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Do you believe there is Hell or Heaven or even God?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 2, 2020 at 7:42 pm

No, I don’t. I am just analysing what Prophet said.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 2:03 am

Interestingly Prophet said attributing a false thing to him will make someone reach hell .. isn’t it common for all ? Does it mean that one can attribute false things to others and it is not a sin ? What is the difference b/w knowingly attributing false things to Prophet and knowingly attributing false things to someone else ? Aren’t both wrong ?

• Umer

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 1:26 pm

There is a thing called honest mistake or an honest misunderstanding of something also.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 2:55 pm

But honest mistakes would not cause them to go to hell anyway.. so the context is about deliberately misquoting Prophet vs deliberately misquoting any other random man.. both are immoral actions, right ? Why punishment of hell specific to misquoting Prophet only and not in general ?

• Umer

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 2:58 pm

How do you know that such an action in general is not rebuked in Islam?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:01 pm

If it is already a sin to misquote anyone , then what is the need to mention hell specific for misquoting Prophet ?

• Umer

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 3:03 pm

For emphatic purposes, for self-reflection.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:07 pm

So, can we assume some of the quotes of the Prophet about killing blasphemers or age of Aisha at the time of marriage which the narrator knew was false (i.e Prophet did not say or act like that), will make the narrator go to hell ..

Can we call such a narrator unreliable at least ? Will we accept his other narrated hadiths ?

• Umer

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 3:15 pm

I am sorry, this is not our way to discuss who’s going to hell and who is not.

We will remind people if they’re doing anything wrong for their self-reflection so that they can revert back to truth during this lifetime.

As mentioned earlier, there could be factors other than intentional misreporting which can lead to actual meaning of Hadith to get blurry. So each Hadith needs to be examined in accordance with Principles of Understanding Hadith, which takes all these factors into account.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:44 pm

Does Allah not care that sayings and actions of Prophet are not misquoted ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 7:10 pm

No.

The discussion "Did Prophet (AS) Initiate Collection, Preservation And Compilation Of Hadith?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now