Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions No Compulsion 2

• No Compulsion 2

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on August 2, 2020 at 9:00 pm

@Zaxon

The verse clearly refers to not forcing anyone to believe in Islam by the sword. Eg don’t abuse or torture someone until they accept Islam. They must do it out of their own freewill.

How God will deal with them is a separate issue

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • No Compulsion 2

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 17 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 2, 2020 at 11:51 pm

Compulsion by definition means threatening him to accept or else face consequences. Unless you are coming up with entirely different definition of compulsion.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:01 am

Ibn Kathir in his commentary says:

Abu Dawud and An-Nasa’i also recorded this Hadith. As for the Hadith that Imam Ahmad recorded, in which Anas said that the Messenger of Allah said to a man,

«أَسْلِم»

قَالَ: إِنِّي أَجِدُنِي كَارِهًا قَالَ:

«وَإِنْ كُنْتَ كَارِهًا»

(“Embrace Islam.” The man said, “I dislike it.” The Prophet said, “Even if you dislike it.”)

First, this is an authentic Hadith, with only three narrators between Imam Ahmad and the Prophet. However, it is not relevant to the subject under discussion, for the Prophet did not force that man to become Muslim. The Prophet merely invited this man to become Muslim, and he replied that he does not find himself eager to become Muslim. The Prophet said to the man that even though he dislikes embracing Islam, he should still embrace it, `for Allah will grant you sincerity and true intent.’

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:25 am

Now coming to your opening post..

“Prophet goes to someone and asks him to accept Islam because it is true and I have proven it fully .. the man rejects.. then Prophet says it is fine, it is your choice.. I will not compel you to accept Islam… But be ready to face the consequences .. and tries to kill him .. seeing his death in front of him , the man accepts Islam .. Prophet spares his life.”

Did the man accept Islam under compulsion or his own choice?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:28 am

1. This is an incorrect understanding of what occurs in itmam e hujjat

2. The compulsion here refers to situations of for example torture or forced conversions

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:35 am

When Prophet sent letters to kings, the direction was that accept Islam or face war.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:34 pm

In these letters Prophet essentially said .. accept Islam or be killed. I don’t know how can you call it no compulsion.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:34 pm

This is why watching the videos sent is something you should do

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:37 pm

I watched that video and even the anchor was not satisfied with Ghamidi saab’s poor explanation. Every answer is not a proper explanation. Obviously Ghamidi saab answered it but it was obviously a poor answer.. that kings should come and see what Prophet did…

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:38 pm

The 1 and half hour one with Muhammad Ilyas?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:41 pm

No.. the one where anchor asked about the letters sent to kings ..

And anyway, since you will claim that God decided to end their life .. through Prophet .. but when I point out the inconsistency of God in not ending the life of others .. you say God’s scheme is just but you don’t know how it works..

That way, anyone can justify killing of anyone..

Anyone can come and kill anyone saying God ordered him to kill that person if he doesn’t accept me..

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:43 pm

Ok brother you are mixing things again.

Please watch the othe rvideo

https://youtu.be/a0gvcOcsgLM

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:46 pm

I think we already discussed it in previous thread.. it does NOT matter how convincing your completion of proof is .. when you compel people to accept your message (claiming that God ordered it) it is wrong and immoral..

Anyway you are answering all the inconsistency in God’s actions as God knows best .. and we have to trust that God is just.. despite my proving that God is inconsistent.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:47 pm

If the proof is so convincing that you recognise it as your own son but still deny it then When there is also a prophet to accompany it God decides to bring his punishment. Please watch the video also

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:49 pm

If the proof is so convincing .. no one would deny it .. it is just a lie that people were convinced and ready to die but not accept Islam.. when the so-called God was ready to spare their life once they pretended to accept Islam.. God was so incompetent he did not even know who accepted Islam out of fear only..

Anyway you are answering all the inconsistency in God’s actions as God knows best .. and we have to trust that God is just.. despite my proving that God is inconsistent.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:50 pm

You think it is a lie because you haven’t watched the video 😅. Also please refer to the zavia e Ghamidi series if you are serious about a deeper understanding.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:54 pm

I think it is a lie because of other evidence where I think Qur’an is lie..

I applaud those people who preferred to die but not accept Islam if they weren’t convinced it was true.. It seemed many pretended to accept Islam out of fear and once they got a chance, they left Islam.. causing Prophet to establish apostate death law .. it seems God was not informing him of their true intentions. BTW, did Prophet’s uncle accept Islam ?

God works in mysterious ways .. doesn’t help Prophet with correct information about their intentions.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 6:53 pm

Sameer sahab this kind of messages are against Rule #6 of the Code of Conduct.

https://ask.ghamidi.org/code-of-conduct/

Please remember that Ask Ghamidi is a platform for people to discuss and understand their religion in a safe and a welcoming environment.

If you have not had a chance to go over the code of conduct, this might be a great time to do so. Please keep the rules in mind for any future posts. Also please bear in mind that people can report offensive content and users. When a certain number of users report, that content/user is permanently removed from the system.

The discussion "No Compulsion 2" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now