Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Why Didn’t God Stop Hitler?

• Why Didn’t God Stop Hitler?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on August 3, 2020 at 12:45 am

@Zaxon

God sometimes according to his scheme stops humans from being able to enact their intention.

This is simply a matter known to God and a part of his wisdom.

He has given us some insight of how this works with the story of Musa عليه السلام and al-Khidr.

This story contains many lessons including Musa عليه السلام being impatient and asking questions before he was allowed by al-Khidr. In the end he found a logical answer to each thing.

Sameer Bhagwat replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 23 Replies
  • 23 Replies
  • Why Didn’t God Stop Hitler?

Sameer Bhagwat updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 23 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:47 am

God sometimes stops and sometimes doesn’t stop humans ?? Is God’s decision random ? If Hitler had freewill, how will God stop him ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:50 am

So many questions brother some which I’ve already clarified earlier.

I have explained how God’s will is not random and based on his wisdom. And a lesson should be taken from the story of al-khidr in this regard.

If I go out and want to kill someone and form the intention- but the gun aim at him and pull the trigger this is my intention and execution. God did not will for that person to die so the gun jammed. I am still accountable for my deeds

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:53 am

I don’t think you answered them earlier.. please explain clearly the scheme of God in stopping and not stopping the evil in this world ..

Does God stop people from committing evil in this world or God lets them commit crime and judges them on judgment day only ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:56 am

The scheme of God is based on his wisdom.

In this world he chooses to do certain things based on his knowledge and will. In the story of al-Khidr the veil is slightly lifted and we get a peek of this wisdom.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:07 am

Brother, this is not the answer to my question.. scheme of God is based on his wisdom and we don’t know his wisdom.. but we know that he is just ..

How can I prove he is unjust if everything is based on his wisdom, but we don’t know what it is ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:08 am

Because of revelatory knowledge

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:10 am

So, does God reveal this knowledge that he will allow evil in this world or stop it ? When he will give punishment to evil ? In this world or only on judgment day ? It is a very basic question .. please don’t say it depends on his wisdom.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:12 am

He gives punishment sometimes in world and in hereafter.

Sometimes only in world for forgiveness in hereafter (I think)

And sometimes he defers all matters to hereafter.

It is depending on his wisdom and will which one he chooses to do.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:14 am

What is the principle God uses in deciding who will be punished in this world and who will be punished in afterlife ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:15 am

That is God’s knowledge. We know about itmam e hujjat but in other times we are not told to my knowldge

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:17 am

So, we don’t even know the principle of God’s justice, but we know that God is just ? I can’t argue on vague topics.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:19 am

We know God tells the truth and he has told us he is just. The principles of God’s justice is perfect retribution- not even a mustard seed of injustice. We have been given certain principles of his justice eg reward for good is good- bad is bad.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:21 am

I claim that God lies.. I don’t accept the attribute that he always says truth .. deception is one type of lie, but you won’t accept it..

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:23 am

I have explained very clearly how the attribute of a necessary being and us knowing that God has spoken the truth means God’s speech does not contain lies

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:25 am

No.. you haven’t .. I clearly found flaws in that argument and listed them there, but moderators closed that thread for further replies.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 6:09 am

Your argument that God doesn’t lie is derived from your own definition of God and his other attribute of his speech being eternal, that is not the accepted definition of creator of universe, but your own criterion. We can discuss it separately in other thread. If I say an entity lies .. and you say it is not possible because one of the attributes of that entity is honesty.. that can’t be used as proof unless we both agree that honesty is a necessary attribute of that entity.

Omnipotence attribute doesn’t require speech to be eternal.

I would again request to outline God’s scheme of stopping evil in this world .. does He stop or doesn’t interfere in the freewill of the people committing evil ? It is a basic question.. please don’t give vague answers on it.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 11:22 am

Ok maybe we need to start a new thread because omnipotence is irrelevant here. I think you have not grasped the reasoning and philosophy behind it.

I will give the answer I see best and if that is vague there is nothing I can do further. God’s scheme is God’s scheme- we cannot understand it fully. His ultimate wisdom leads him to make choices when he wants and how he wants. We have not been given full knowledge of this scheme. We have been given a few principles only

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:12 pm

OK.. if you don’t know God’s scheme then it is pointless to discuss such questions .. because one can always justify everything by saying God is just but we don’t know his justice criterion or scheme. In my opinion, it is a copout, because it is avoiding the question .. but you are entitled to your opinion.

• Farhan Saiyed

Moderator August 4, 2020 at 4:46 am

My question would be why do you think he should have stopped Hitler?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 4, 2020 at 5:34 am

It depends on the basic scheme of God.. does God want to stop the evil or he wants to not interfere in this world’s people doing evil acts ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 4, 2020 at 5:50 am

If God stops one evil by killing the entire city/community, what is the rationale for God not stopping people like Hitler who killed the innocents too ? In general, what is the God’s scheme of allowing evil people to carry out their mission (including some false Prophets too in current time ) ?

• Farhan Saiyed

Moderator August 4, 2020 at 6:03 am

I am not aware of any incident where God killed anyone or a city to stop any evil. Not sure what are you talking about. If you are talking about the Quranic description of destroying cities, that shouldn’t be used as argument. (despite reasons behind those). Because if you were standing there as an observer, you wouldn’t know God destroyed that city, it would appear to you as a natural disaster.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 4, 2020 at 6:40 am

I am not claiming anything.. I am asking about God’s scheme.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register