Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Why Doesn’t The Quran Mention Every Single Rule

• Why Doesn’t The Quran Mention Every Single Rule

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on August 3, 2020 at 12:52 am

@Zaxon

No rule book in this world exists of all possible things that would be allowed or not allowed. You would have to create an infinite book.

God’s word is clear. Also human fitrah is used for many moral reasonings. As I said it is a requirement of simple logic that if you are directly aiding a murderer knowingly you are part of the crime. What is so hard it is erstand about this that it requires a verse to clarify?

Sameer Bhagwat replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 53 Replies
  • 53 Replies
  • Why Doesn’t The Quran Mention Every Single Rule

Sameer Bhagwat updated 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 53 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:56 am

I am not asking to list everything .. just the common principle would be enough..

However, certain verses where God lists EVERYTHING .. if he leaves anything out, we have to reason that God did not want to mention it..

For example : inheritance to the grandson. God did NOT mention any inheritance to the grandson or grandparents.. so it doesn’t make sense to assume any law.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 12:57 am

Yes and the common principles are there. Don’t help each other in unrighteousness.

I don’t know about inheritance law as I haven’t done much research

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:05 am

Discussion 10380

Inheritance verse specifies (tries to) exactly every condition of the relation to whom the inheritance should be distributed.. and it doesn’t mention grandchildren.. now we can’t say God will not list everything and apply your own reasoning.. because God did try to list everything there .. so something God missed, it means God did NOT want to include that relation.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:10 am

This is your own usul and you should bring proof for it being correct

Certain verses specify to a certain extent and certain verses don’t. It is about context and also using common sense.

I’m pretty sure aiding in murder comes under aiding in unrighteousness

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:13 am

If aiding in murder by selling knife to him is a sin, is aiding temple construction also aiding polytheism (as you asked earlier) .. what does Ghamidi saab say on construction of temple ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:14 am

Ghamidi sahabs ruling was based on the fact pakistan is a nation state and that all citizens are equal

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:15 am

I am talking about muslims donating to temple issue.. what does Ghamidi saab say on it ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:16 am

I don’t know what he says.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:24 am

You can ask SS on it or other members who know Ghamidi saab’s views on it.. if a Muslim should NOT donate to temples because on the principle it is assisting in evil ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:26 am

Dr SS believes if you are donating to support the rights of them being able to ahve the temple (to take them out of being oppressed) then it should be allowed. But he did make to clear there could be more views

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:28 am

But in that way, you are assisting them in committing the biggest sin , right ? Is there any example in Prophet’s life or Sahabas where Muslims donated money to build a temple of polytheism/idol worship ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:29 am

I don’t believe this incident exists.

I personally don’t believe it is allowed to donate to them. Unless they are being oppressed maybe by making it very clear you could help them in getting rights

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:34 am

What does Qur’an say on assisting polytheists on building their temple ? Since scholars are confused, so common sense doesn’t work here.. I believe Qur’an should have said something on this matter .. as it is a general principle..

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:35 am

As I said according to my understanding I don’t think it is allowed in a personal capacity. I’m not sure of many scholars who would disagree with me here

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:36 am

Faisal bhai said it is upto one’s own will.. that means it is not made haraam ..

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:37 am

I think he meant the person is free to choose what he wants like he should judge whether he believes it to be haraam or not based on his reasoning and research.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:39 am

That means it is not clearly agreed upon to be made haraam.. why is Qur’an silent on such an important issue ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:39 am

I believe it is not silent

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:41 am

Please give your reasoning from the verse to make it absolutely clear then.. as Qur’an is “detailed explanation of all things ”

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:42 am

5:2

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:45 am

“And cooperate in righteousness and piety, but do not cooperate in sin and aggression” this part ??

What does SS say on the verse 5:2 ? Does it make cooperation in polytheism prohibited ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:45 am

I don’t know what he says

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:48 am

I think it is important to know his interpretation of verse 5:2 .. are we reading it with correct context ? What does “cooperation” in “sin” mean here ?

What is the exact context of the verse ? Remember you accused me of taking verses out of context.. so you have to prove that this verse is talking about exactly the principle you are saying and is not specific to certain specific people/time .

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:46 am

But I think it would prohibit such a thing

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:49 am

Let’s prove it .. by a separate question.. does 5:2 prohibit any assistance to polytheism temple building ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:51 am

It prohibits helping others in impiety as a general principle which in my view can be extrapolated to meaning building temples as shirk that goes on there is impiety

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:55 am

Please raise a separate topic with exactly 5:2 mention and let’s get expert view on its context .. 5:51 clearly says don’t make Jews and Christians as friends.. but people say it was for specific time and specific jews/christians ..and can’t be applied now..

We have to prove 5:2 applies for all time and the people .. and all types of sins.. and 5:2 is not in a specific context.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 6:17 am

Marrying a Christian woman is allowed, and also giving her money which she will use in the propagation of her faith is allowed, I suppose. Aren’t those Muslim husbands “cooperating in sin ” of her considering Jesus as her lord ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 11:20 am

You do not have a choice if she is your wife to control her spending with money you have given her because she is your wife. You can make it clear you don’t want that to happen but it is now her money given to her as a right rather than as a charity

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 2:51 pm

So, that means if you know it that she will spend it in that act, you still would give her ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:16 am

How can I bring usul proof ? Isn’t it common sense that God listed every relation and if something is not mentioned, God didn’t want that relation to be included ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:18 am

As I said I have not researched into that matter yet.

The way you bring proof for usul is by arguing how the style and context for the Quran in that certain area conforms to the understanding you are projecting onto it

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:19 am

We can discuss this part in the inheritance thread if you like.. there I showed how unjust and unclear the verses of distribution of inheritance are..

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:20 am

Maybe after I have done some of my own studying of the topic

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:23 am

It doesn’t require any studying .. just simple maths .. and common sense .. to see how unjust the verses are.. I gave examples too..

Also, the fact that the verses are confusing and unclear too.. that Ghamidi saab tried to make them clear.. just see that thread..

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:24 am

Maybe I’m not as smart as you and need to study it. I will do it my way by consulting the Quran and scholars etc and that will take time. It is not on my immediate list of things I am currently studying and I hope to get to it on a later date

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:26 am

Ok .. btw, I am not smart either .. and my knowledge is very less on Islam too.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 1:27 am

We can all learn إن شاء الله .

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 5, 2020 at 10:50 pm

When Allah talks about a subject, and discusses the details of that issue, while prohibiting some things in that, and if something is left unsaid on that matter, doesn’t it mean Allah didn’t mean to prohibit the unsaid matters ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 5, 2020 at 10:53 pm

We would have to look at this issue by issue with context and reasoning

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 5, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Yes, but what does God say about his scheme of Qur’an understanding ? He says that making anything haraam which he did not make haraam is actually haraam.. now many times we see, scholars use their intellect to extrapolate God’s message and term certain verses temporary/permanent and put more things as haraam than what God said clearly.. is it allowed ? What is the method which God says ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 8:51 am

He says use your intellect. I don’t see the scholars extrapolating massive things- it is all within reason and backed up by the text too

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 8:53 am

If we have to use our intellect only, then what is the need for Allah to list out all the possible relations in the ruling ? If you use your intellect and add even 1 relation to what Allah did, it is overriding his judgment.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 8:54 am

Please understand- in some cases Allah listed out all of them according to his plan and wisdom. He gave us a mind also.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 8:57 am

I am only talking about those cases where Allah listed out EXACTLY all the relations .. I am not talking about the cases where Allah gave a general ruling, there it is fine to use our reasoning to add/subtract anything while adhering to the principle of the verse.

However, when Allah listed out EXACTLY all the relations, then adding someone on top of that list, is overriding his judgment.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 8:58 am

Again- we would go through the issue and use reason and intellect.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 9:58 am

I don’t understand the use of reason and intellect there when Allah has clearly listed everything. Unless, of course you mean, Allah was not clear in his verses.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 9:59 am

If you don’t understand their reasoning then present your own view with evidences and agree to disagree. Allah gave us humans minds to interpret his book

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 10:00 am

Mind to interpret his message, not to add/subtract from his intended message.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 10:01 am

The people who you are claiming are adding or subtracting obviously don’t believe that and count it as a logical extrapolations

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 10:03 am

That’s why Allah said making something haraam when he didn’t make it haraam is actually haraam.

If Allah clearly said “Relation A and Relation B are to be given the inheritance” .. you can try your best to interpret the meaning of Allah’s quote.. but you can’t say “Relation A and B and also C should be given the inheritance” .. and justify it saying C is my own logical addition .

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 6, 2020 at 11:49 pm

If only it was as simple as that. If your logic does not accept the people’s views no one is forcing it in you

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 7, 2020 at 1:30 am

It is being forced because it is being projected as Islamic view.. and not the scholar’s own view.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register