Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Eating Food Given By Non-Muslims

• Eating Food Given By Non-Muslims

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • Rafia Khawaja

Member August 3, 2020 at 10:41 am

Surah Al Maidah says food of Ahle Kitab is jaiz for us. Scholars have different opinion on this. Some say that if Allah’s name has not been pronounced before slaughtering the animal it is not jaiz. I have read both opinions by many scholars. You should read both opinions and accept which ever one convinces you the most.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 3:16 pm

Did Allah not make it perfectly clear that scholars have different opinion on it ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 6:40 pm

That is not how God has chosen to conduct His test. If you require further clarification on this please start a new discussion.

• Umer

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 2:46 pm
  • Umer

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 2:53 pm

For an in-depth understanding of Islamic Dietary Laws, you can also refer to the following thread:

Discussion 1641

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 3, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Yes that is what I said. Scholars will interprets ayats differently. It is fine.

Accept what convinces you after studying the different interpretations.

God has said use your intellect. We respect all scholars but they too do not expect you to do blind following.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 3, 2020 at 8:45 pm

So Faisal Bhai give me your views

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 10:32 pm

I concur with you. Whenever faced with differing opinions, one should try to understand the reasoning behind all scholarly opinions and decide for themselves.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register