Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hypocrites And Itmam E Hujjat

• Hypocrites And Itmam E Hujjat

Umer updated 3 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 4, 2020 at 1:14 pm

How would one identify hypocrites ? They didn’t openly deny the “truth” . It is not possible to identify them easily, hence it is difficult to kill them like it was done with polytheists.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member August 4, 2020 at 1:38 pm

Okay, understandable. What should be their fate in the Hereafter? Same or worse than the kuffar who got killed?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 4, 2020 at 1:44 pm

The verse 98:6 calls kafirs as worst of creatures, so I don’t think anyone else is worse than them (including murderers and other criminals) .. so I assume hypocrites are better than “worst of creatures” .

• Umer

Moderator August 4, 2020 at 2:21 pm

On what basis are you discounting murderers?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 4, 2020 at 2:25 pm

I am not discounting them.. I am just comparing the severity of their crimes, as this thread is about comparison .

• Umer

Moderator August 4, 2020 at 2:37 pm

You got it wrong then, murdering is equally despicable and deplorable act with warnings of eternal hell.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 4, 2020 at 2:40 pm

No.. murder can theoretically be forgiven, but shirk can’t be forgiven.. Allah clearly tells the shirk as the biggest sin and 98:6 tells kafirs among the polytheists/jews/christians are “worst of creatures” . If murderers are “equally worst “, then the verse got the wordings wrong.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 4, 2020 at 2:51 pm

<div>Yes, murder can “theoretically” be forgiven if there’s any justification for it. But there’s no justification for denying truth after it has become evident upon someone.</div>

98:4-6 Translation by Asad

Now those who have been vouchsafed revelation aforetime did break up their unity [of faith] after such an evidence of the truth had come to them. And withal, they were not enjoined aught but that they should worship God, sincere in their faith in Him alone, turning away from all that is false; and that they should be constant in prayer; and that they should spend in charity: for this is a moral law endowed with ever-true soundness and clarity. Verily, those who [despite all evidence] are bent on denying the truth – [be they] from among the followers of earlier revelation or from among those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God – will find themselves in the fire of hell, therein to abide: they are the worst of all creatures.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 4, 2020 at 2:56 pm

Yes, and I didn’t say anything contrary to it, I am also saying the same thing.

• Umer

Moderator August 4, 2020 at 3:03 pm

Hypocrisy is also a big sin and there are many verses denouncing hypocrites in the Holy Quran. Just like polytheism, hypocrisy is also a crime against Allah, so Allah will deal with them the way Allah deems fit. Just a glimpse so that you can get some idea about severity of this crime. So I don’t see any basis for considering it any less pervasive offence.

“Hypocrite men and hypocrite women are all the same type of people. They urge evil and forbid good and withhold their hands [from all good]. They forgot God; so, God also forgot them. In reality, it is these Hypocrites who do not fulfil their promises at all. God has promised the fire of Hell to these Hypocrite men and Hypocrite women and open disbelievers in which they will abide forever. It is sufficient for them. The curse of God be on them. And for them is an eternal torment.” (9:67-68)

The discussion "Hypocrites And Itmam E Hujjat" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now