Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam How Can Quran Convince Someone It Is A Divine Book?

Tagged: ,

• How Can Quran Convince Someone It Is A Divine Book?

Posted by Abu Sarah on August 5, 2020 at 12:36 am

I was born in a Muslim family and have been taught since childhood about monotheism (belief in one God) and Quran being a divine book and I truly adhere to that. Now that I have grown up and I question many things that have been taught and been trying to find genuine answers for such questions, I find it hard to believe that I would accept Quran as a divine book if I were not born in a Muslim family. For a person who is not a Muslim, how does Quran convince that it is the truth and of its divine origin. I believe if truth is confronted with anything, it should come out overwhelmingly convincing and win over every argument. We see this in many fields of science and other matters as human civilization makes progress in those fields. If Quran claims itself to be truth, how can it convince of its truthfulness to a non-Muslim who thinks of it as just a text followed by those who believe it to be God’s book (just like other faiths have their own books).

Sameer Bhagwat replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • How Can Quran Convince Someone It Is A Divine Book?

Sameer Bhagwat updated 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 13 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 1:04 am

Please watch

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 1:04 am
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 1:06 am
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 1:12 am

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 5, 2020 at 2:32 am

In my opinion, Qur’an is not a divine book.. and one of the reasons is that it claims to be clear and detailed explanation, but the verses are still not understood properly by the mainstream scholars. Many verses are mistranslated/misinterpreted despite the best try of the mainstream scholars. I find it a flaw in Qur’an if almost ALL the scholars fail to read it.

I am not sure why Allah preserved the text but did not preserve the correct interpretation . One can say it for non-Muslims and extremists that they are deliberately reading it out of context, but this criticism doesn’t hold true against the reputed scholars.. almost ALL of them getting it wrong raises doubts on the clarity of the source. Also, many hadiths which explain how Prophet himself interpreted the Qur’an verse show us that these scholars indeed are taking their interpretation from the Prophet himself.

Qur’an relies heavily on the context each verse was revealed in, and that requires knowledge of associated history.. most of which comes from the so-called false hadiths classified as sahih.. it is surprising to note that so many Muslims attributed false things to the Prophet.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 10:33 am

Once you appreciate God’s scheme, the questions that you raised become very trivial.

“it claims to be clear and detailed explanation, but the verses are still not understood properly by the mainstream scholars”

No matter how clear something is, it still needs to be understood by humans, and humans are prone to errors. Let alone any literary works, even something as objective as Einstein’s equation E=mc2 has been interpreted in different ways. Please see:

http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/2515/

“I am not sure why Allah preserved the text but did not preserve the correct interpretation…”

In the scheme of God, He is testing us in all aspects, even our sincere effort and intellect (38:29). It is not His wish to make things readily evident in His word, just like He did not lay out the schematics of His universe for us in some book. Reward and punishment is not solely based on reaching the right conclusion, but in fact what counts is our attitude towards the truth as we discover it. For those who are conscious of God and are willing to to use their faculties of reason and intellect, most of everything is as clear as their own existence. For what remains, they make continued effort to understand it, and if during the course they find any mistakes in their previous understandings, they correct those mistakes before moving forward. If all scholars agreed upon something, it still may or may not be true. This phenomenon is very evident in the field of science where all scientists agree upon something until a new discovery renders their previous beliefs false.

“Also, many hadiths which explain how Prophet himself interpreted the Qur’an verse show us that these scholars indeed are taking their interpretation from the Prophet himself.”

Please provide examples of objective and material disagreements on verses that prophet SAW reportedly interpreted himself.

“Qur’an relies heavily on the context each verse was revealed in, and that requires knowledge of associated history”

This is not true. In Ghamidi sahab’s Al-Bayan he has translated/interpreted the entire Quran without any historical references.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 5, 2020 at 10:34 pm

“Once you appreciate God’s scheme, the questions that you raised become very trivial.”

When I asked the details of God’s scheme, some members replied that God’s scheme is not known to us. We must know the details before we can appreciate God’s schemes.

When I read and find some injustice in the verses, I am not sure how to appreciate the scheme.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 5, 2020 at 10:57 am

Please provide examples of objective and material disagreements on verses that prophet SAW reportedly interpreted himself.”

Inheritance verses 4:11/4:12 for example. There is a hadith where Prophet distributed the inheritance differently than what Ghamidi saab explained. Please see the thread of inheritance.

Discussion 10380

There are many others, which I can provide if you like.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 11:58 am

This is not really material if you understand what I said above about reward and punishment. If someone understood inheritance law incorrectly despite their sincere effort, there’s no problem. If Ghamidi sahab identified an error previous generations might have made, our job is to weigh out his arguments using the intellect that God has provided to us, and accept or reject it on the basis of merit. Later on if someone identifies an error that Ghamidi sahab might have made, more power to him! This is exactly how every field of knowledge progresses amongst humans because this is the natural way. The idea that the knowledge of religion should be anything different is flawed within itself.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 5, 2020 at 12:02 pm

I pointed out flaws and injustice in the inheritance even after Ghamidi saab’s interpretation.. (in example of 4 wives and a second male cousin, each wife will get only around 6 Rs.. and how much will second male cousin get?) that distribution is VERY VERY unjust.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 12:24 pm

This discussion is not about inheritance. Please stick to the topic. If you want to discuss inheritance, please start a new discussion.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 5, 2020 at 12:26 pm

You asked me for examples and I gave you .. I didn’t discuss in this thread.. I pointed you the link of the thread where I mentioned this injustice.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 12:30 pm

I asked you for examples of objective and material differences of opinion on verses that prophet SAW reportedly interpreted himself. I did not ask for your opinion of what’s just and what’s unjust.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register