Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Combining Two Prayers

Tagged: 

• Combining Two Prayers

Posted by Muhammad Wasif on August 5, 2020 at 1:16 pm

in following scenarios can we combine prayers?

Like we are in classroom and the time of prayer ends there. Eg zuhar so can we combine it with asar

we are out for some need like shopping and the time of prayer ends so can we combine it in this scenario

Ali Shaikh replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Combining Two Prayers

Ali Shaikh updated 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 1:20 pm

Whenever there’s an undue difficulty, prayers can be combined. Of course, each situation is different so one has to decide for themselves.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member August 5, 2020 at 1:25 pm

Yes but I get a doubt that should I do or not. For example when someone calls you to meet in a restaurant and the asar time hasn’t started but if you go there it will end.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 1:29 pm

If you have no other options, then what’s the doubt about? If you do have options, for example, to stop on the way and pray, or ask your friend for a different time then you can consider those.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member August 5, 2020 at 1:59 pm

Ok so the criteria we should use is impossible or any hardship/ difficulty? Means we can combine only if it’s impossible for us or we can even combine if it’s involving some difficulty for us.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 5, 2020 at 2:32 pm

When it’s impossible then of course there’s no question. However when it creates a substantial difficulty, we can combine it too.

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 6, 2020 at 4:38 pm

Ibn ‘Abbas reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) observed the noon and afternoon prayers together in Medina without being in a state of fear or in a state of journey. (Abu Zubair said: I asked Sa’id [one of the narrators] why he did that. He said: I asked Ibn ‘Abbas as you have asked me, and he replied that he [the Holy Prophet] wanted that no one among his Ummah should be put to [unnecessary] hardship.)

Sahih Muslim 705b

https://sunnah.com/muslim/6/60

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register