Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Qurbani – Nafl Or Farz?

• Umer

Moderator August 7, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Not just Qurbani, Itikaf (seclusion) itself is transmitted through Sunnah but is not farz. Not everything which is part of religion necessarily needs to be farz too. There has always been ijma on its status as a nafli ibadah. Only Ahnaf consider it wajib (which is a term coined by Ahnaf and has no religious bearing). In effect, there has never been any disagreement on its staus as a Nafli Ibadah.

• Awais Imran

Member August 7, 2020 at 8:09 pm

Thanks for the reply, but on what ground Ghamidi sb make this as Nafil Ibadah?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 7, 2020 at 10:43 pm

What Umer sahab is saying is that Ghamidi sahab has not made qurbani into a nafil ibadah – it has been transmitted to us from day 1 as a nafil ibadah.

• Awais Imran

Member August 16, 2020 at 9:05 am

Yes I understand the ijma part btw sects ,but when you say it’s been transmitted as Nafil from the 1st day, tht means after the start of Sunnah from Hazart Ibrahim A.S thr was a Twaquf in this Sunnah? As Hazart Muhammad S.W himself used to do Qurbani massive Qty…

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 16, 2020 at 10:27 am

There was no tawaqquf in the ibadah of qurbani. It was also mandated for the bani Israel.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korban

• Awais Imran

Member August 17, 2020 at 11:56 am

Faisal thanks for your reply, this is what i am saying then on what grounds Ghamidi Sb making this as Nafil forget about Ijma of our sects (like Except Ahnaf everyone else is considering it as nafl)

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 17, 2020 at 12:01 pm

It is a nafil ibada that has been transmitted to us with such status. If someone claims another status for it then they have provide their evidence from the Quran or the sunnah.

• Awais Imran

Member August 17, 2020 at 12:04 pm

i apologies if i am unable to understand your point, but just to clear this, what is evidence or proof of this ibadah of being a nafl?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 17, 2020 at 3:01 pm

Brother an example is the two extra nafl prayers before fajr. What is the proof they are nafl? It is through the way and status that they were transmitted

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 17, 2020 at 12:25 pm

Do we really need proof for an ibada to be nafil? I can choose to distribute $100 every Friday to the hungry as a nafil ibada. How can I prove that it’s a nafil?

• Awais Imran

Member August 17, 2020 at 8:27 pm

Distribution of $100 started by you but Qurbani started from Hazart Ibrahim and without tawaquf transmitted and done by generations, it seems tht is may have same importance throughout the civilizations, as so I understand anhaf is at correct stance making it wajab which is important than a Nafil…

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 17, 2020 at 10:52 pm

Wajib is just a fiqhi terminology. From pure Islamic perspective something is either fard or it’s a nafil. Fard ibadahs generally have parameters and exceptions defined, for example salat has timings and alternate modes defined, saum has timings and exceptions defined. zakat has timing and nisab (exception) defined, etc.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 17, 2020 at 10:56 pm
  • Ayema Zahoor

Member August 17, 2020 at 3:24 pm

Because you have no evidence in Quran and ahadith it’s a nafal if you find some proof you can say it’s a nafil. On this standard we can define our lbadat as nafal or frz

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 17, 2020 at 3:34 pm

Please list all the ibadat that have been categorized as nafil in the Quran and hadith, along with their references.

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 17, 2020 at 5:47 pm

No need a list like we all know zakat Salah and som are frz and hujj is frz with conditions like you have enough money and health to perform hujj and that you mention above is charity which is nafal mostly people can’t do that so it’s a nafal . Qurbani is also like some can afford it easily and some cannot do it that’s Why it’s nafal

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 17, 2020 at 5:58 pm

Narrated Aisha: Muhammad never missed four Rakat before the Zuhr prayer and two Rakat before the Fajr prayer. … Aishah reports that Muhammad said, “The two (sunnah) rakahs of Fajr are better than this world and all it contains.” This is reported by Ahmad, Muslim, Tirmidhi and Nasa’i.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register