Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Court Ruling On Domestic Violence

Tagged: ,

• Court Ruling On Domestic Violence

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on August 9, 2020 at 12:41 am

@Zaxon

What would the ruling be in a court of a women claims her husband did not actually reprimand her justly?

I say evidences would come forward and if the husband proves he did it justly and did not transgress there is no problem

Sameer Bhagwat replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Court Ruling On Domestic Violence

Sameer Bhagwat updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 13 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 9, 2020 at 12:46 am

The real point is.. what should be the court ruling in Pakistan if a wife files domestic violence case on her husband when the husband used the 3 steps specified in 4:34 properly ? The wife disobeyed him, and he tried the 2 steps properly, and if she still didn’t obey, ONLY then he beat her (he slapped her taking care that he doesn’t leave permanent marks on her either)..

Why would the court punish the husband in this case ? The courts should reprimand the wife for wasting the court’s time.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 9, 2020 at 12:47 am

I agree

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 9, 2020 at 12:50 am

What is the current law of domestic violence in Pakistan ? How do the current laws in Pakistan rule in the above case ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 9, 2020 at 12:50 am

I don’t know

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 9, 2020 at 12:52 am

https://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/31379/1/women-are-taking-a-stand-using-trybeatingmelightly

Though slightly different case (here light beating for disobedient wives is proposed ) .. but so many women in Pakistan raised objection to such a law being proposed .

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 9, 2020 at 12:53 am

These women should be taught if the true meaning of this directive. Many Pakistanis are heavily influenced by western ideas- whereas Pakistanis actually living in the west know the true absurdity of their claims

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 9, 2020 at 1:12 am

Are Pakistani women living in the west supporting these laws ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 9, 2020 at 12:56 am

May be @Rafo and @BeenishOmar can answer better ..

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 9, 2020 at 8:03 am

The Qur’an directive is to save a marriage and family. It does not mean every step will be accomplished. The wife can go to court and say the husband slapped her too hard and it hurt a lot. He can deny it. In any case I feel if a husband slaps his wife in anger who will guarantee if it was a gentle tap or a hard hit?

I don’t know about other women, but I certainly do not support wife hitting. I think you you need to understand the ayat and not take every word literally.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 9, 2020 at 8:46 am

{I don’t know about other women, but I certainly do not support wife hitting. I think you you need to understand the ayat and not take every word literally.}

I think it is only recommended after the first 2 steps.. and if the wife obeys him, then he can’t hit her…

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 9, 2020 at 8:49 am

Furthermore remember when the Qur’an was being revealed it was a tribal society. We don’t know how much wife beating was going on. The above instructions is to finish wife bashing as in the West. My problem is when some directives of the Qur’an some men take advantage like a second wife and not seeing the rest of the command. “treat all wives equally” How many men in our time do this?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 9, 2020 at 10:56 am

Exactly if a rebellious wife realizes her mistakes and makes amends do you think you need step 3? Common sense NO!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register