Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Rape And Adultery

• Rape And Adultery

Posted by abubaker anis on August 10, 2020 at 1:36 pm

There appears to be some confusion about understanding of rape. We are aware about adultery and it’s injunction in Quran as a sin and crime, needing 4 witnesses to carry out any punishment. As far as rape is concerned, there does not appear to be a clear direction in Quran regarding this serious issue. Most of the ullemas do not make distinction between rape and adultery in Pakistan as is very obvious, women are incarcerated I jail, as there is no witness in rape cases anyway. They are left to rot in jail and are considered that they are guilty, while men are left free to roam. If a rape case goes to Pakistan sharia court. How would they deal with this. Without resorting to modern scientific investigating process as we have in western countries. Ulema look only at Quran and Hadiths. They themselves have no advocating and empathy skills. Sorry to be so blunt

Thanks

Abubaker

abubaker anis replied 3 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 24 Replies
  • 24 Replies
  • Rape And Adultery

abubaker anis updated 3 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 24 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 10, 2020 at 2:14 pm
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 10, 2020 at 2:15 pm

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 10, 2020 at 2:15 pm

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 10, 2020 at 4:38 pm

A young girl is raped and instead of arresting the perpetrators and comfort the girl and family, the police come up and start questioning the girl asking if there was mutual consent? ! Rapists manage to get bail. What sort of justice is this?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 10, 2020 at 4:52 pm

Is this Islamic Justice in the Land of the Pure the Islamic Republic of Pakistan?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 10, 2020 at 5:13 pm

There is an NGO ( WAR) War Against Rape who deal with Rape cases daily, in Pakistan. They take the rape victims to the Police Station where they face great difficulty in registering the case, the forensic testing equipment is not available with the Police doctor , no DNA testing is done. Without the help of the WAR lawyer the case cannot be pursued. If the rape has been committed by an influential person , the victim’s family is threatened to drop the case, or face consequences, like kidnapping, physical violence. The girl’s family has to leave their home and hide and take refuge with the help of WAR. It is truly a very sad state of affairs.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 10, 2020 at 7:52 pm

In case of adultery, why is 4 witnesses required for it ? If the only witness is her husband or some other person, will it not be enough ?

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 10, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Do you think you can stop crime by hiding it mostly religious people think like the mollana sahib

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 10, 2020 at 9:09 pm

I’m a volunteer at War Against Rape and the cases I have seen are heart wrenching. Children raped by family members and relatives, incest makes you cry. It is only the NGOs who are able to achieve something. Even when one is trying to collect funds for War Against Rape corporations and individuals are hesitant because of the name! It is truly pathetic !

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 10, 2020 at 9:25 pm

Did you listen mollana sahib in Pakistan most of the people have the Same thinking.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 11, 2020 at 10:22 am

Yes, very unfortunate What progress can we ever make?

• Saira Qureshi

Member August 18, 2020 at 12:42 pm

I watched a video…..on Geo…ذرا سوچئے ….it’s one ummah channel hosted by Hamid Meer and Iftikhar Ahmed. It’s title is قرآن و سنت میں زنا کی سزا کیا ہے listen to it. It’s a debate.. (Height of ignorance )

• abubaker anis

Member August 18, 2020 at 3:49 pm

i watched both presentations from dr shezad saleem and muhammad illyas. i was no better off in my knowledge.

shezad saleem explained about the adultery and he gave a reference from Quuran which he eluded that it deals with rape. muhammad illayas presented the questions and he was himself very perplexed that majority of ulema cant make any distinction between adultery and rape. it appears in my humble understanding, that God in his infinite wisdom did not want to give any clear guidance about the rape, and wanted human being to devise a law and punishment according to the time period for a such a heinous crime, and ulemas have failed utterly to grasp the seriousness of this crime. they do not appear to have logical and rational thinking about this matter. i will be grateful if someone can give me reference ayat from the Quran which deals with rape

• Saira Qureshi

Member August 18, 2020 at 4:15 pm

Even if there is no aya regarding rape, it doesn’t matter to me. It is such a cruel crime , and sin it should be punished. It’s a common sene that person doing this ‘ will not do it in a ‘ chowk ’ (crossroad) especially small girls ….( until and unless a woman is lying)

I am so disappointed after listening to these so called ‘ulemas’ and Imams

I can feel their hatred towards women and their thinking that woman is the main reason behind all evils, crimes etc, etc , etc

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 4:26 pm

I agree with you. My understanding of Adultery is that both parties consent to it. Rape is force inflicted. Please tell me if a 10 years old girl is raped has she given her consent? It is forced on her. This is a heinous crime which has to punished by the State by the severest punishment. Yes, women rot in jail, and are even asked by the police if they encouraged it? There are no kits for examination of these girls and no DNA testing. Recently an NGO in India sent rape testing equipment to War Against Rape in Karachi to help them to get them tested by the police doctor.

The situation is deplorable and our Ulema have to take a strong stance against this. Recently there was a video of a teacher in the madressa raping a young girl who was learning the Qur’an from him! This went viral.

We should hang our head in shame. Boys and girls getting raped in Madrassas a place to teach our Deen!

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 5:25 pm

Saira agree with you. It is shameful and our Ulema and Imams must come up with some remedy for this despicable sin. Qur’an calls it “Fasad on earth”

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 18, 2020 at 7:35 pm

This is regarding posts about niqab and hijab, comparing women to pieces of candy or meat. By posting stuff like this, you are encouraging assault and violence against women who choose not to wear niqab and the hijab. Are you suggesting that men are like dog. Even dogs can be trained. If you teach your youth to be respectful of women, these things won’t be an issue. Stop comparing women to uncovered pieces of candy or meat. You are encouraging men to objectify and insult women.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 9:23 pm

The order of covering up was given in the verse 33:59 in order to save the women from being molested .

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 18, 2020 at 9:32 pm

Please keep the discussion on topic. If hijab/niqab needs to be discussed please start another discussion.

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 18, 2020 at 11:54 pm

Sorry sir I can not explain my point because my subject was not perdah and niqab but my subject is such thinking that I mentioned which leads to these misconducts.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 9:53 pm

In case of adultery, why is 4 witnesses required for it ? If the only witness is her husband or some other person, will it not be enough ?

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 18, 2020 at 11:31 pm

And for those who accuse their wives, but have no witnesses except themselves, let the testimony of one of them be four testimonies (i.e. testifies four times) by Allah that he is one of those who speak the truth.

7. And the fifth (testimony) (should be) the invoking of the Curse of Allah on him if he be of those who tell a lie (against her).

8. But it shall avert the punishment (of stoning to death) from her, if she bears witness four times by Allah, that he (her husband) is telling a lie.

9. And the fifth (testimony) should be that the Wrath of Allah be upon her if he (her husband) speaks the truth.

These are translations of ayats in surah noor about this issue.

The discussion "Rape And Adultery" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now