A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Mouth And Nose Wudu

Tagged: ,

• Mouth And Nose Wudu

Umer updated 2 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator August 10, 2020 at 3:20 pm

In my understanding, that comes under Sunnah and is obligatory to have our mouth and nose cleaned at all times.

Prophet’s (sws) seerah presented a beautiful combination of both two.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member October 24, 2021 at 3:43 am

Obligotory,is that means that we should wash mouth and nose always?????and check everytime that is it clean???

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 24, 2021 at 3:52 am

To me, mouth and nose are not necessarily included in the washing of the face. however, washing them make the act of washing face more complete. that is why they are desirable.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member October 24, 2021 at 3:54 am

What if i didnt wash mouth and nose.is my wudu invalid

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 24, 2021 at 4:01 am

To me, since they are not necessary, no Wudu in that case, will not be invalid.

• Umer

Moderator October 24, 2021 at 1:17 pm

Dr. Irfan Sahab is absolutey right, cleaning mouth and nose is not a mandatory requirement of Wuzu.

The confusion arose because two things got mixed up.

The directive of Wuzu in Quran is very clear and if one fulfils those requirements, the Wuzu will be considered complete. However, cleaning of the nose, the mouth and the teeth has been initiated as separate Sunnah by the Prophet (sws) under ‘Customs and Etiquettes‘, I was pointing towards this fact that prophet’s (Sws) Uswa combined this Sunnah of rinsing nose and mouth while washing face during Wuzu, however I shouldn’t have used the word ‘obligatory’ in this regard, because matters of ‘Customs and Etiquettes‘ are not mandatory, rather they’re commendable acts (Mustahab). Therefore, I apologize for using the word obligatory in this context.

The discussion "Mouth And Nose Wudu" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now