To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Selling Alcohol

• Selling Alcohol

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 25 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 12, 2020 at 9:44 am
    • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 12, 2020 at 9:35 pm

@AhmadShoaib please see this video, similar logic can be applied to your question of donating/building the polytheistic worship places like temples.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 3:51 am

I don’t agree with this. Being forced as the video mentioned below is a different matter

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 3:59 am

You don’t agree with Ghamidi saab’s opinion ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 4:00 am

I don’t

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 4:03 am

Actually I think Ghamidi sahab means if there is no other way. So he is also talking from the point of being forced basically

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 4:06 am

What do you mean by “no other way” ? Do you mean there is no other job available only then selling alcohol is permitted? By that logic, working in bank is also the same.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 4:12 am

Being forced is being forced

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 4:16 am

What is the limit of being forced ? If there is a very less paying other job available, is selling alcohol still fine ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 4:17 am

Each person can take a view on their own situation and they will know if they can give an excuse in front of God. Commenting on scenarios like this would be dishonest to the reality and complications of a situation

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 4:21 am

So, there is no general principle Qur’an specified under which cases doing haram things is permitted.. like eating pork when no other food is available.. ?

If such a principle exists, it will only apply on explicit haraam things.. not on those things which Allah hasn’t made haraam.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 4:23 am

That principle is given

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 4:24 am

But that can’t be applied on things which are not made haraam. Did Allah make selling alcohol itself as haraam ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 5:12 am

I believe yes as it is helping others in sin. Aiding others and doing it yourself are both sinful I think

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 9:08 am

Then the same logic should be applied on giving sood also, as it helps the lender in doing a sin of earning interest. However, Ghamidi saab says that paying the interest is not haraam in itself.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 9:21 am

Again this is an incorrect comparison. There is a clear line. You are saying the victim of a murder (also sood is a Zulm) is sinful for allowing the murderer to murder which is absurd

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 9:25 am

Victim of murder is not helping the murderer, in fact he opposes the murderer and fails to do so . A bank for example is helping the account holder to earn interest. Bank is not a victim or forced to pay interest.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 9:27 am

I think I understood you wrong. Paying sood is having an injustice done to you. You are not doing it by choice . Donating to that bank would be wrong.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 9:31 am

But since it is a norm to pay interest, no conventional bank considers themselves as victim when they pay interest to the saving account holders. The same bank earns interest through lending money to businesses and others.

Will you accept that bank paying interest to an account holder, this particular act is not forced and is it a sin to pay interest in this scheme ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 9:34 am

Zulm I guess doesn’t always have to be known in that sense. In this case the person is taking the bank’s money unjustly.

It is the norm to not shave pubic hair and it is unclean not to do so. But it is not considered unclean until people’s attention is drawn to it when the realise the truth

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 25, 2020 at 9:37 am

Let’s discuss giving interest and paying interest in a separate thread.

• Faisal Haroon

• Faisal Haroon

• Jamal basit786

Member August 12, 2020 at 12:18 pm

Thanks for your response. Now at least I would have a piece of mind before involving myself in a business which buy/sell alcohol.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 25, 2020 at 3:31 pm

Please note that in principle it’s still not right to get involved in trade of haram things. However, what Ghamidi sahab is saying in the above clip is that if one must get involved due to unavoidable circumstances then it can be excusable.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register