Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 13, 2020 at 12:35 pm
  • Umer

Moderator August 13, 2020 at 12:50 pm

kindly elaborate your question.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 13, 2020 at 12:51 pm

How do we know the Tarteeb of prohibition wasn’t 1. Don’t drink. 2. Now you can drink as long as you don’t come near prayer places. Rather than the other way around

• Umer

Moderator August 13, 2020 at 1:18 pm

Verse 4:43 is talking about conditions that must be met before offering of Salah. A whole list of impurities is mentioned there ranging from impurity of body to impurity of mind along with necessary conditions that must be met to achieve purity for Salah.

However, verse 5:90 is very explicit in absolute prohibition of liquor and stands independently of any context.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 13, 2020 at 1:19 pm

Why is that important when 2:219 is clear that it’s a big sin?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 13, 2020 at 1:21 pm

I’m just looking for some clarification as it seems a bit like a contradiction in my current knowledge . Because 4:43 doesn’t really make it clear whether drinking is haraam or not.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 13, 2020 at 1:21 pm

The other ayahs are clear but 4:43 not mentioning it sounds like a contradiction as going in Junub doesn’t have to be in a haraam way

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 13, 2020 at 1:27 pm

So are you asking if there’s a halal way to consume alcohol? I don’t see a contradiction. In 2:219 it has been categorically labeled as a big sin. In 4:43 it’s saying that if you still commit this sin, don’t go near salat. 4:43 is addressing two different temporary states of impurity – not about hurmat and hillat of the two.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 13, 2020 at 1:28 pm

Ok yeah I was wondering if that could hold up as an interpretation that if you commit it then…

جزاكما الله خيرا

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register