Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Who Are Rightly Guided Caliphs ?

• Who Are Rightly Guided Caliphs ?

Posted by Sameer Bhagwat on August 14, 2020 at 3:31 am

We know that the 4 companions of Prophet Muhammad who succeeded him as rulers of Muslims (Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali) are widely known as 4 rightly-guided-caliphs.

I want to know who gave them this title/distinction ? Is it approved by Allah that these 4 are rightly-guided (some include Hassan, the elder son of Ali as the 5th rightly guided one) or Prophet gave them this title ?

Or is it based on Muslim public opinion only ?

Sameer Bhagwat replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Who Are Rightly Guided Caliphs ?

Sameer Bhagwat updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 14, 2020 at 3:42 am

https://sunnah.com/nawawi40/28

According to the above hadith, in his sermon, Prophet mentioned that follow the Sunnah of the RGCs ..

How did Prophet know who were the RGCs ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 15, 2020 at 1:30 am

Also, does it mean any action or command of the RGCs in their ruling period, got the default approval of Allah ?

• Umer

Moderator August 15, 2020 at 1:54 am

Any Muslim ruler who follows Quran & Sunnah is a rightly guided Caliph and Muslims are bound to follow that ruler. There is no list of caliphs introduced by Quran or Sunnah. The society of Muslims is to be ruled under ‘Amruhum Shura Baynahum’ principle. There is no belief requirement to accept any particular period of ruling after Prophet Muhammad (sws), it is not a part of belief system.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 15, 2020 at 1:58 am

So, there is no religious basis of considering these 4 rulers only as RGCs .. and Prophet or Allah didn’t declare these 4 people as RGCs.. so anyway this term is not proper religious term..

• Umer

Moderator August 16, 2020 at 4:05 pm

In recent ‘Q&A session with Ghamidi Sahab from questions selected from AskGhamidi platform’

Question:

Who are Khulifa-e-Rashideen (The rightly guided Caliphs) mentioned in the Hadith and what does following their Sunnah mean in that particular Hadith? What are their numbers?

For Answer, please refer to the video below from 1:17:48 to 1:19:46

https://youtu.be/SsqKGldSqgM?t=4668

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 17, 2020 at 7:57 am

The hadith says “so you must keep to my Sunnah and to the Sunnah of the Khulafa ar-Rashideen (the rightly guided caliphs)”so you must keep to my Sunnah and to the Sunnah of the Khulafa ar-Rashideen (the rightly guided caliphs)”

Is Sunnah of the RGCs different from Sunnah of the Prophet ? If Prophet didn’t confirm these 4 rulers as RGCs, how would the Muslims follow their Sunnah ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 19, 2020 at 5:47 am

If we know that the 4 Caliphs interpreted Qur’an and Prophet’s Sunnah in some way and implemented the laws in their ruling, can we assume that those laws can be called Islamic or can these 4 prominent Sahabas and Caliphs be considered as it is something their own interpretation which can have flaws ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 19, 2020 at 10:44 am

If you watch the video you will have the answers to your questions above.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 19, 2020 at 11:49 pm

I couldn’t understand the video properly, because it was in Urdu and my question is specifically for these 4 Caliphs.

The discussion "Who Are Rightly Guided Caliphs ?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now