Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Huqooq Ul Ibaad

Tagged: , ,

• Huqooq Ul Ibaad

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on August 14, 2020 at 10:44 am

Ok then take this example. I light a match to turn on my stove. It falls from my hand- my house burns down and also my neighbours. I didn’t want to burn down his house but now he is asking for money. I live in a small house he had a mansion. Now I die in crippling debt. I have unintentionally infringed his rights and was not able to fulfil them

How can it be fair for me to give my good deeds to him when it was a mistake?

@faisalharoon

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 14, 2020 at 11:09 am

In principle, uncontrollable situations do not constitute bad deeds. I can’t objectively comment about the example you used above because there can be many variables. For example, perhaps you knowingly ignored to buy insurance when you still had the chance, which would pay the damages to your neighbor. Or you knew in advance that your stove wasn’t working right and could cause a fire. Or you knowingly ignored to buy a fire extinguisher when you knew that should have – the list can go on.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 14, 2020 at 11:25 am

Let’s say for this example all measures were taken except for insurance- but it wasn’t knowingly.

The burning of the mansion itself isn’t sinful. But if we take into account the general narrative it is that any right infringed must be compensated for in this life or you will have to pay for it in the next:

A right has been infringed- property has been damaged

The damage itself wasn’t sinful

But according to huqooq ul ibaad concept since I couldn’t pay the debt- I will be held accountable for it and give back this wealth by exchanging deeds. This does not sit right with me

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 14, 2020 at 11:44 am

As I stated, uncontrollable situations do not constitute bad deeds. Of course, you must ask the aggrieved party and God for forgiveness in best possible ways.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 16, 2020 at 12:25 pm

@faisalharoon

Sir, can we say that if a right has been infringed even unintentionally (the actual infringement won’t constitute a bad deed) but the person stands up on the day of judgement asking for payment of his right (debt) we must pay it back. The most we can do in this world is reduce the debt and do as many good deeds as possible to even the scales.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register