Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions What Is Jilbab?

• What Is Jilbab?

Posted by Ayema Zahoor on August 17, 2020 at 3:16 pm

In many ahadith describes that a woman should be covered from head to toe with a large sheet of cloth called a jilbab. She is allowed to make a holes for their one or two eyes so that she can see the way. What did Ghamidi sahib says about these ahadith ?

Ayema Zahoor replied 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • What Is Jilbab?

Ayema Zahoor updated 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 15 Replies
  • Saba Madani

Member August 17, 2020 at 3:54 pm

I think the ones you are talking about are not the ahadeeth of Our prophet ( S). Those are the interpretations from some of the mufassiroon to the ayat in surah al noor regarding veil.

• Saba Madani

Member August 17, 2020 at 3:56 pm

I have listened to Ghamidi Sb’s ” khawateen ka purdah” in detail. He says none of such covering is necessary

• Saba Madani

Member August 17, 2020 at 4:01 pm

While talking about the ayah that says that women should cover their zeenat except the one which is naturally apparent. Ghamidi Sb said the following zeenat comes under which is apparent therefore don’t need to be covered

• Saba Madani

Member August 17, 2020 at 4:07 pm

Hair ,hair style, face make up,( eye makeup,lipstick etc)ear rings,nose piece, bracelets,nail polish,finger rings,ankle chains etc. No need to cover any of that. The only thing that fits in to zeenat in his opinion is chest jewelry. As long as a lady covers her chest jewelry she is fulfilling the commandment in that verse

• Saba Madani

Member August 17, 2020 at 4:23 pm

If what Ghamidi Sb says is correct then verse# 60 in surah al noor doesn’t make any sense. In this ayah Allah (S) gives exception to the older ladies who have passed the marriyable age that they don’t need to cover. According to Ghamidi Sb younger women don’t need to cover either then what’s the meaning of this exception Allah has given to the older ladies? He mentioned this ayah in his speech but there’s no satisfactory answer to it

• Saba Madani

Member August 17, 2020 at 4:42 pm

I also respectfully disagree with the ulamaa who says that you can have one or two holes in your burqa to peek from

• Saba Madani

Member August 17, 2020 at 4:43 pm

Two extremes

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 17, 2020 at 4:57 pm

Please see

Discussion 22603

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 17, 2020 at 5:26 pm

Yes I think this is from rawayat even dr Israr Ahmad also described it this way but I agree Ghamdi sahib but want to understand why our scholars give us the reference of these rawayats because some of our sisters the student of Ferhat Hashmi showed us how to wear jilbab in the era of prophet Muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم and what did do the women of that time to obey this command.

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 17, 2020 at 5:33 pm

In surah noor Allah tells the Muslim women to cover their chest by like Wearing chaser to cover their chest. These Ayats doesn’t demand face covering if you see their transition

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 17, 2020 at 5:34 pm

Wearing chader” sorry far spelling mistakes

• Saba Madani

Member August 17, 2020 at 6:13 pm

Surah noor ayah 31 also says ولا يبدين زينتهن إلا ما ظهر منها. Means don’t show your zeenat. I think according to Farhat hashmi most of a woman’s zeenat is in her face,hair, head etc. That’s why she recommends head and face covering

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 17, 2020 at 6:21 pm

But it means she and other scholars think but in Quran we don’t find the words cover your face.

• Ayema Zahoor

Member August 17, 2020 at 6:23 pm
  • Ayema Zahoor

Member August 17, 2020 at 6:27 pm

I post this video because most of the people think it’s only Ghamidi Sahib’s view but there are many other who think like him

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register