Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Age Of Hazrat Ismael / Ishmael (AS) And ZamZam

• Age Of Hazrat Ismael / Ishmael (AS) And ZamZam

Posted by Saira Qureshi on August 18, 2020 at 3:05 am

In recent discussion Ghamidi sb said that the belief and concept that Ismaeel was an infant when Hazrat Ibrahim left him and Hazrat Hajera in ‘middle of nowhere’ … is not correct. … He didn’t tell the details ….Also I want to ask a question that what is the significance and importance of ‘Zam Zam’ then ?? For which majority hold belief that it stated pouring out from the ground where Ismaeel was stomping his feet ??

Saira Qureshi replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Age Of Hazrat Ismael / Ishmael (AS) And ZamZam

Saira Qureshi updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 10:05 am

I have heard the same thing. So would appreciate a clarification.

• Umer

Moderator August 18, 2020 at 1:17 pm

Ghamidi Sahab has based his opinion on the following verses of Quran which clearly indicate that Ismael (AS) was able to walk and speak properly at the time of sacrificial incident:

فَلَمَّا بَلَغَ مَعَهُ السَّعْيَ قَالَ يَا بُنَيَّ إِنِّي أَرَى فِي الْمَنَامِ أَنِّي أَذْبَحُكَ فَانظُرْ مَاذَا تَرَى قَالَ يَا أَبَتِ افْعَلْ مَا تُؤْمَرُ سَتَجِدُنِي إِن شَاء اللَّهُ مِنَ الصَّابِرِينَ. فَلَمَّا أَسْلَمَا وَتَلَّهُ لِلْجَبِينِ. وَنَادَيْنَاهُ أَنْ يَا إِبْرَاهِيمُ. قَدْ صَدَّقْتَ الرُّؤْيَا إِنَّا كَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الْمُحْسِنِينَ. إِنَّ هَذَا لَهُوَ الْبَلَاء الْمُبِينُ. وَفَدَيْنَاهُ بِذِبْحٍ عَظِيمٍ. وَتَرَكْنَا عَلَيْهِ فِي الْآخِرِينَ. سَلَامٌ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ. كَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي الْمُحْسِنِينَ. إِنَّهُ مِنْ عِبَادِنَا الْمُؤْمِنِينَ. وَبَشَّرْنَاهُ بِإِسْحَقَ نَبِيًّا مِّنَ الصَّالِحِينَ. وَبَارَكْنَا عَلَيْهِ وَعَلَى إِسْحَقَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِهِمَا مُحْسِنٌ وَظَالِمٌ لِّنَفْسِهِ مُبِينٌ.

[That boy reached maturity.] Then when he reached the age to work about with him, Abraham said to him [one day]: “My son! [Since the past few days,] I dream that I am slaughtering you. So reflect; what is your opinion?” He said: “Father! Do as you are being directed. God willing, you will find me steadfast.” Then when both of them submitted and the father laid down his son on his forehead and We called out to him: “Abraham! You have made your dream come true,” imagine how the sea of mercy must have stirred. In reality, this is how We reward those who are thorough in their deeds. Surely, this was a clear trial. [When Abraham successfully came out of it,] We ransomed Ishmael against a grand sacrifice and [gave Abraham such fame that] We left a group among the earlier generations on his ways. Peace be to Abraham. Thus do We reward those who are thorough in their deeds. Undoubtedly, he was among Our believing servants. [It was at this instance that] We gave him glad tidings of Isaac; a prophet from among righteous. And We sent Our blessings to both Ishmael and Isaac. Now there are those in their progeny who are thorough in their deeds and also those who are openly unjust to their souls. (37:102-113)

• Umer

Moderator August 18, 2020 at 1:18 pm

For history of zamzam, please refer to the video below from 12:32 to 14:04

• Umer

Moderator August 18, 2020 at 1:18 pm

For religious sanctity of zamzam, please refer to the video below from 27:44 to 29:06

• Saira Qureshi

Member August 18, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Thank you

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register