Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Allah Punishes Humans

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 9:53 am

Allah does not want to punish human beings. He has laid down the right directives for this life which is trial day and night till the Judgement Day and the next life. He is giving you Warnings. You do wrong, like you murder , you steal, you do not believe in one Allah you will be punished. This life is temporary and we can die any minute

He does not want us to suffer because he is forever Rahman and Raheem. I hope this helps

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 10:07 am

If I have a human ruler, who punishes his people for not saluting him, or saluting other rulers along with him, we will obviously call such a ruler unjust. However, somehow the creator of the universe does the same thing, we glorify him.

• Haris zafar

Member August 18, 2020 at 12:07 pm

Thanks Rafia 😊

Do answer to sameer question as well

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 11:13 am

@faisalharoon or @UmerQureshi

Can you please help to reply the above.

JazakAllah

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 12:23 pm

Will do

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 12:26 pm

My question is not new, and I don’t claim to have asked something extraordinary here. Many religious people have answered it by saying God is the giver of life and the purpose of this life is a test..

Obviously, when we employ different parameters of justice for humans and God, we can justify every action of God..specially when God is supposedly not bound by human perspectives of justice and morals.

It depends on what view you take, there is nothing right or wrong proven.

• Umer

Moderator August 18, 2020 at 12:37 pm

“If I have a human ruler, who punishes his people for not saluting him, or saluting other rulers along with him, we will obviously call such a ruler unjust. However, somehow the creator of the universe does the same thing, we glorify him.”

I don’t see any correlation between this statement and the actual premise of the religion.

As a principle, every person will be judged according to his/her knowledge and intentions. People on whom the truth is totally unveiled in this world and they deliberately rejected it because of their arrogance (ego, Istakbaar, prejudice), then surely they deserve extreme punishment. If however, someone has a genuine excuse, that excuse (of circumstances or knowledge) will be given due consideration. I think instead of judging the creator, we should try to judge ourselves whether we are true to ourselves or not, and whether we have genuine excuse of denying God’s existence or associating many gods with the one God or for committing any other act against any other human being.

• Haris zafar

Member August 18, 2020 at 3:14 pm

I didn’t chose this life then why i am being tested.

Why messengers and their families were granted paradise without doing anything just because they were born in messenger family and we couldn’t?

• Umer

Moderator August 18, 2020 at 8:42 pm

We are here and that’s a fact! so I think instead of asking why, we should focus on whether there is a creator of this universe or not? Death is approaching us all, is there going to be a life after death or not? Will we be held accountable for our deeds or not? I think these are the questions that we should be focused on from a practical point of view. The WHY question will do no good at the moment, but it will surely become relevant once we meet the creator.

What is this test after all? It’s a test of your purity in situations you’ve been put through. You can’t change the circumstances where you’re born, you can’t change the nature of test you’ve been put through; what you can do however, is to bring out the best of you in terms of ‘ikhlaqiyaat’ (ethics) in all those situations. This is not something alien to us, this purity is something that our own nature demands from us and divine revelation helps us in application of these matters only where there is a change we can make a mistake in those applications. We have seen so many passed away in front of our own very eyes, so let’s focus on getting ready for the moment where we can become eligible to ask this WHY to the Almighty.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 2:31 pm

God made all mankind including the despotic ruler. ! He has given us all the blessings we have in this world for our happiness and comfort. He listens to our duas. It is his right we acknowledge and thank him and are answerable to him. Punishment is only when he sends his Rasoold. He is not punishing us right now, just warning us it is you warn someone who can’t swim not to jump in the deep end of the pool because he will drown After Prophet sws there are no more prophets coming

What is wrong with this warning? It is his kindness not anger!

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 9:30 pm

All of it is fine, but without evidence. God listens to our duas, has no proof or evidence for it.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 5:06 pm

The Messengers also suffered a lot. Read their stories. Some guided their people for years before they were punished

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 9:27 pm

If a messenger suffered for sometime , does it give him the right to kill people for not accepting him ?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 5:15 pm

I agree with Umer.What reasons can we offer for denying the creator of this world? Why do we need more than one God to worship? Does each God answer a certain Prayer of ours? Why do we associate them with our creator?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 9:18 pm

The question is not about what reasons one can offer for his denial of the creator.. but what the creator does when someone denies him. A merciful entity does NOT burn people for eternity for their crime of not worshiping him.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 18, 2020 at 10:53 pm

God has created this world and he is the master of it. It is not just not worshipping him. He wants You to acknowledge his blessings. Do you believe God created you? Can you create a human being, a bird, a flower. You cannot do any of these things. These he as given to you to enjoy. Should you not be grateful to him? What is worshiping? Thanking him for your life, for your children, for your food, the air you breathe in, the water you drink. Can you survive without water or food? Can you survive without Air? How long would you live without any air to breathe ?So why do you not expect him to punish you when in this life you don’t acknowledge your creator and pray and thank him?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 11:16 pm

My parents gave me life too, and I don’t praise them, will they burn me for not praising them for their work ?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 19, 2020 at 6:34 am

Sameer sahab I have tried to explain this to you many times in the clearest possible way, providing you all the resources one needs to be able to intellectually appreciate the matter. The punishment is for knowingly denying the truth. If it still doesn’t make sense to you, that’s okay. But please refrain from asking the same question over and over again.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 19, 2020 at 11:32 pm

If something doesn’t make sense, I will ask it again.

• Haris zafar

Member August 20, 2020 at 4:23 am

Faisal Haroon can you provide reference from Quran or hadith that “Punishment is for knowingly denying the truth”

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 19, 2020 at 9:17 am

I have also tried my best to explain what my knowledge is

• Faizan Ahmed

Member August 19, 2020 at 12:24 pm

It’s in our fitrah to want reward for good and punishment for evil. That’s what we do everyday. Why are you so shocked if God does it?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 20, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Agree with Faizan. Common sense!

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 20, 2020 at 10:36 pm

If we define shirk as evil, then it is fine.

• Faizan Ahmed

Member August 21, 2020 at 9:12 am

Do you agree that lying is an evil? Shirk is basically lying about God and then practising that lie. How could it not be evil? Is there any logical explanation for shirk? There is none.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 21, 2020 at 9:50 am

Then lying of all forms should be punished.. but we know that lying in itself is not an unforgivable sin.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 21, 2020 at 9:09 am

Shirk is the biggest evil for Muslims

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 21, 2020 at 10:47 am

Lying and lying about the existence of one God are two different things!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 21, 2020 at 11:20 am

First of all, there is a big difference in lying and being a liar. When a person who normally abstains from lying, lies about something once or twice is not called a liar. Secondly, every court of law in the world allows the defendant to provide a justification for his crime, and considers the circumstances of the criminal before rendering any punishment. Even a big crime such as killing could be forgiven if done in self defense, for example. This is justice.

In the court of God, taking on shirk as a religion is not forgivable because no circumstances can warrant this crime, and no rational justification can be provided for associating partners with the Creator. Internally our natural state (fitrat) categorically points towards a single Creator, and externally all empirical evidence confirms our belief. Shirk is a lie without any conceivable justification, hence it is unforgivable. This is justice.

The discussion "Why Allah Punishes Humans" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now