Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Prophet ‎﴾ﷺ﴿ Forgiving Murder

• Prophet ‎﴾ﷺ﴿ Forgiving Murder

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on August 18, 2020 at 9:38 pm

In this video around 30 mins in Ghamidi sahab talks about how sahaba said to the prophet ‎﴾ﷺ﴿ that they murdered or buried their daughters alive etc. And the prophet ‎﴾ﷺ﴿ gives glad tidings that these deeds are erased after accepting Islam.

Should they not have been given the punishments for these crimes?

Sameer Bhagwat replied 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Prophet ‎﴾ﷺ﴿ Forgiving Murder

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 9:42 pm

When after repenting and accepting Islam, even shirk can be forgiven, then it obviously makes sense to forgive lesser crimes than shirk if one repented sincerely. Many verses in the Qur’an, Allah says he forgives all sins except shirk.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 9:43 pm

If someone commits murder and accepts Islam maybe God will forgive him but what should happen in a court of law?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 18, 2020 at 9:46 pm

I think Prophet might have forgiven the murderer ONLY if Allah wanted to continue his test in this world. Prophet didn’t do things on his own, but based on guidance from Allah.

I am sure this must be one of those cases where Allah may have asked the Prophet to forgive the murderer if he repented and accepted Islam .

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 19, 2020 at 11:05 am

Today a person will be punished if his crime is proven in the court of law.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 19, 2020 at 11:06 am

Why was that person forgiven though- a crime warranting capital punishment was committed . This seems to set a precedent

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 19, 2020 at 11:26 pm

Most likely because he repented and accepted Islam. His earlier crime was forgiven because of it.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 20, 2020 at 8:16 am

I see it this way .

Allah is the giver and taker of life, and Allah decides when the test of a person in this world is over. A murderer would, in normal circumstances be given death punishment. However, when Allah decides that such a murderer has repented for his crime and he has now come to accept Islam (after completion of proof), the Prophet may have been given the instruction from Allah that this person, who has now become a Muslim, and also repented for his crime earlier, deserves forgiveness. Thus, Prophet might have forgiven such a person.

Allah forgives whoever he wills, except shirk.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 20, 2020 at 9:08 am

Sahaba probably also did shirk before islam i think

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 20, 2020 at 9:13 am

Yes, but they repented and accepted Islam, so forgiven.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register