Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Ehd-e-Alast (The Covenant Of Alast): Surah Araaf

Tagged: , , ,

• Ehd-e-Alast (The Covenant Of Alast): Surah Araaf

Posted by Abdul Hanan Andrabi on August 25, 2020 at 10:52 am

In Surah e Araaf, Allah reminds us of the covenant in the Alam e arwa. But, we see nobody remembers it.Do muslims of high stature in terms of their imaan reach to that level to remember that covenant and if not, then why Allah mentions it in the Quran.

Umer replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Ehd-e-Alast (The Covenant Of Alast): Surah Araaf

Umer updated 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator August 25, 2020 at 2:06 pm

Assalamulaikum!

Ehd-e-Alast (the covenant of Alast) was mentioned not just to remind us of that event in particular, but to remind us of the fact that the believing-self or the potential to believe in a creator has already been incorporated in our nature(fitrat). That event did happen, but the same event has been used by God to remind us of that part of our fitrat which innately contains this tendency to believe in a creator.

This topic has been discussed at length along with all other dimensions of Fitrat (nature) in ‘Reponse to 23 Questions’ series by Ghamidi Sahab. I would request you to please do follow that series for an in-depth understanding of the said matter.

Discussion 30094

• Abdul Hanan Andrabi

Member August 26, 2020 at 12:34 pm

Appreciate your reply. But I personally want a bit more clarity on it.

• Umer

Moderator August 26, 2020 at 1:30 pm

For deeper understanding, I’d request you to spend some time watching the videos I referred to in the above reply.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register