Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Direction Of Toilet And Qiblah

Tagged: 

• Direction Of Toilet And Qiblah

Posted by Faisal Ghafoor on July 4, 2020 at 3:55 pm

Salam ale kum

I am from Pakistani culturel center in France,we have a Big discussion about the direction of toilettes ,i need some help please because according to some hadees we as a Muslim Can not have our front or back towards the Kibla, what is the Real solution ?

Regards

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Direction Of Toilet And Qiblah

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 4, 2020 at 4:31 pm

Salam –

There are two contradictory narrations in Bukhari and Muslim on this issue.

Narration 1:

Do not face the Qiblah or turn your back to it while urinating or passing stool. [Reported by Imams al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Narrarion 2:

Reported in al-Bukhari and Muslim from Ibn Umar that he said: I climbed once the house of Hafsa and saw the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) urinating facing Syria and turning his back to the Qiblah.

This Hadith is an evidence that it is lawful to turn one’s back to Qiblah.

The majority of scholars including Imams Malik , Shafi’e and Ahmad are of the opinion that it is lawful to face Qiblah while urinating or passing stool when in a building.

IMHO these etiqquetes were suggested to vanirate K’aba to the locals only who would relieve themselves in an open space.

I don’t think this would apply to your situation in France.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 4, 2020 at 5:30 pm

These are “best practices” that one must keep in mind when they have a choice, for example, when they are out in an open field.

The discussion "Direction Of Toilet And Qiblah" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now