Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Karbala

Tagged: 

• Posted by Muhammad Wasif on August 30, 2020 at 5:00 am

I have heard videos and read the articles from Al mawrid scholars. The point that i get is that karbala was a political issue and it was mishandled. Not any religious issue.. am i right?

Also is yazeed to be cursed or not?

Umer replied 3 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Karbala

Umer updated 3 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 18 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator August 30, 2020 at 5:37 am

If you’ve been following Ghamidi Sahab then you should be aware by now that neither does Ghamidi Sahab himself nor does he encourage other Muslims to engage in these kind of discussions as to who should be cursed or not.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member August 30, 2020 at 5:40 am

Yeah but I haven’t heard his views on yazeed that’s why i asked also was i right in my conclusion above. Except yazeed thing. Share views of gamidi sb on yazeed

• Umer

Moderator August 30, 2020 at 5:43 am

There is no such discussion available as per my knowledge.

The relevant videos I already shared in your previous query. Please refer to those videos:

Discussion 26266

• Muhammad Wasif

Member August 30, 2020 at 8:01 am

So can we say RA with Yazeed or not?

As it became an issue when Zakir Naik said Yazid RA. Please accept my apology for such questions. But i want to clarify things

• Arsalan Riaz

Member August 30, 2020 at 12:52 pm

I am a little bit confused about Ghamidi sahab’s view on Karbala. We all know the history of the events that led to Karbala but I want to know what he thinks about the stance of Hazrat Imam Hussain regarding pledge of allegiance to Yazeed. Does he consider it right or wrong ?

• Umer

Moderator September 20, 2020 at 12:27 am
  • Faizan

Member September 20, 2020 at 12:24 pm

Salam all

We shouldn’t be in the business of cursing any person. However, I believe the issue was political in nature. Unfortunately, it had a terrible ending. One of the Al Mawrid scholars (Irfan Shehzad) wrote any article about this topic (September 2018) and to you can refer to it.

Also, this is a very sensitive topic & we should be very careful when talking about it.

If you glance over politics in Muslim world (e.g. Pakistan & Turkey) there is deep polarization and public seems to like it. When two political opponents shake hands, there are loud voices calling them sellouts, protecting their interest etc.

This behavior is a natural result of viewing politics from religious lens. Political decisions shouldn’t be equated with religiously right/wrong.

Disasters happens when a nation is in polarization mode and compromise is seen as a *curse*

Regarding Karbala, Only Allah knows who was right/wrong. For us the lesson is to form a compromise in political issues and avoid polarization as political events if not addressed properly can take tragic turn and could have lasting impact on the society.

• Danish Ju

Member September 20, 2020 at 12:28 pm

Very surprising, do you people know the meaning of the word ‘kharafat’? خرافات means ‘superstitious’۔ What was wrong or bad to refer some superstitious ideologies when discussing one of the greatest events of human history. I mean respected Ghamidi sahab is comparing Hussain ibne Ali with Ibrahim lodhi type personalities and no one has the courage to ask him what are you saying? If I am referring Quranic verses for such type of comments, I am misbehaving and receiving shutup calls?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 20, 2020 at 12:50 pm

Danish sahab, if you have a question that you believe should be presented to Ghamidi sahab or another scholar, please post that question clearly and in detail. There’s no question of shut up calls or any such thing – I have clearly told you twice before that respectful disagreements are most welcome. However, tongue and cheek posts, blaming others, and an aggressive attitude WILL NOT BE tolerated. You’re most welcome to continue to participate on Ask Ghamidi, but please keep the following terms of use in mind which I have already shared with you twice before. Should you believe that this platform doesn’t cater to your style, then pleases feel free to uninstall the app.

https://ask.ghamidi.org/code-of-conduct/

• Faizan

Member September 20, 2020 at 12:47 pm

@Danishju

It was one the tragic events in Muslim history, but it shouldn’t viewed in a religious context, since only authority in the affairs of religion is Hazart Muhammad (SAW). If Karbala was Prophet vs Yazeed then only we can establish with certainty who was right/wrong.

• Danish Ju

Member September 20, 2020 at 12:57 pm

@Faizan

Dear Faizan, I respect your opinion that we shouldn’t be in the business of cursing any person. But what will we do in the light of Qranic verse

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَكْتُمُونَ مَا أَنزَلْنَا مِنَ الْبَيِّنَاتِ وَالْهُدَىٰ مِن بَعْدِ مَا بَيَّنَّاهُ لِلنَّاسِ فِي الْكِتَابِ ۙ أُولَـٰئِكَ يَلْعَنُهُمُ اللَّـهُ وَيَلْعَنُهُمُ اللَّاعِنُونَ

Which is referring some persons who are cursing with Allah to some people. Should we not try to join this group who is cursing with Allah?

• Faizan

Member September 20, 2020 at 1:22 pm

@Danishju

Quran directives

1.. Time & people specific

2.. Global (valid till end of time)

When Prophet was alive, a clear distinction was made between good & evil. If someone was an opponent of a prophet then that person is a cursed one. Because Prophet delivered truth in its ultimate form and there was no room left for any doubt. Hence, there were certain punishments that were carried out against those who opposed the Prophet. After the death of Prophet, we can’t establish who is right/wrong. Here by wrong I meant …knowingly denying the truth. None of us have a direct line of communication with our Lord, so we can’t comment categorically on a event

We will know on the day of judgment who was right/wrong (Karbala)

@UmerQureshi can you please provide context to above mentioned verse. Thank you.

• Danish Ju

Member September 20, 2020 at 2:08 pm

@Faizan

May be you are right, and you should wait for that time to come، but what will you do if God forbid you may be among those for whom Quranic verses explain as under?

إِذْ تَبَرَّأَ الَّذِينَ اتُّبِعُوا مِنَ الَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوا وَرَأَوُا الْعَذَابَ وَتَقَطَّعَتْ بِهِمُ الْأَسْبَابُ ﴿١٦٦﴾ وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوا لَوْ أَنَّ لَنَا كَرَّةً فَنَتَبَرَّأَ مِنْهُمْ كَمَا تَبَرَّءُوا مِنَّا ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ يُرِيهِمُ اللَّـهُ أَعْمَالَهُمْ حَسَرَاتٍ عَلَيْهِمْ ۖ وَمَا هُم بِخَارِجِينَ مِنَ النَّارِ ﴿١٦٧﴾

In Moudoodi’s words the translation is “When He will inflict punishment, those very leaders and guides whom they followed in the world will disown them. But punishment they shall get and all their bonds shall be cut off. (166) Then those who followed them will say, “Would that we were given another chance to return to the world: then we will disown them just as they have disowned us today.” Thus will Allah bring before them the deeds they did in the world in such a manner as to make them wring their hands in regret but they shall be unable to come out of the Fire. (167)” Al-Baqara

• Faizan

Member September 20, 2020 at 2:25 pm

@Danishju

May Allah protect us all from Hell (Amin)

The verses you shared seems to imply ( I’m not religious scholar)

that, we shouldn’t strengthen hands of leaders who’re wrong doers and oppressor due to our political, national or cultural associations.

That’s why I suggest not to pass judgment/comments about events that took place after the death of the Prophet (PBUH), since it’s humanly impossible to know what exactly happened and what was the motive behind any event. The Almighty communicated with Prophets and Messengers (PBUT), so when Prophet directed or took actions against certain people, he knew (God communicated that to him) they’ve wronged themselves.

We shouldn’t incur sins by calling someone cursed or worthy of hellfire to appease our inner biases or religious (sect) associations

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 20, 2020 at 2:37 pm

The ayahs you quoted should be read in the context. If you begin reading from the beginning of the paragraph (2:164), it’s very clear that the people mentioned in these ayahs are those who ignore all the evidence, do not use their intellect, and allow their biases and prejudices to rule their actions.

• Umer

Moderator September 20, 2020 at 10:22 pm

Question: Is it a responsibility of a common Muslim to to have a conclusive opinion regarding historical events as to who was right and who was wrong? Will a common Muslim be held accountable for his/her failure in deciding the right narrative of the historical events/incidents based on the available evidence on the day of judgement/Qiyamah?

Answer: Please refer to the video below from 1:19:48 till the end

https://youtu.be/izRQOz6TNnE?t=4788

• Umer

Moderator September 20, 2020 at 8:47 am

Careful with your words Danish Sahab! (@Danishju )

You are free to disagree with anyone you want, but that needs to be done in an educated and in a respectable manner.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 20, 2020 at 11:10 am

Danish sahab, I have shared the code of conduct of this app with you before. Please understand that we strictly follow that code of conduct in order to make sure that this forum remains an educational resource and serves it’s intended purpose. If you have certain points to make, you should make them clearly. As long as they are questions appropriate for this platform, or good answers to questions being asked by others – even if they do not agree with Ghamidi sahab’s viewpoint – will be very much appreciated. But please note that this is not the platform for tongue and cheek type comments. I hope that you understand and cooperate.

The discussion "Karbala" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now