To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Degrees Of Paradise

Tagged: 

• Degrees Of Paradise

Umer updated 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 6, 2020 at 9:36 am

Some people say that it will be like this:

I give you a 100cc car and that’s all you know. You are happy with it.

But someone else has a 200cc car and they are having more fun than me.

But if I’m paradise ultimate satisfaction is guaranteed isn’t It arbitrary the way we get this satisfaction? Then how do degrees in paradise make sense?

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 6, 2020 at 2:56 pm

I have also been thinking about this lately. From what I have concluded is; When the process of accountability comes to an end on the Day of Judgment, on an individual level (talking about it from the perspective of those qualified for Jannah) each and every one of us will already be satisfied considering, first and foremost, how we witnessed the perfect justice of Allah by bringing out each and every action/thought/word of us and all the parties related to us. That will in and of itself be enough for us, in my opinion. But we will be given Jannah (his ultimate pleasure). As ‘ a reward for what we did in this life AND some more.’ This idea has also come at many places in the Quran “as a result of what you used to do and some more.” So everyone will already be having more than they deserved on top of when they know they have God’s pleasure with them (after which nothing else is really needed).

However, I still have a question a bit different than yours; Wouldn’t/Would we want to improve ourselves further even in Jannah? I mean, those in a lower degree want to reach the level of those on a higher level (based on faith and allah’s Radha) not the other pleasures.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 7, 2020 at 2:51 pm

Some say we will be ignorant of those above us so we will not want to improve. But won’t we want to meet the prophet’s of God صلى الله عليهم وسلم etc

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 7, 2020 at 2:51 pm
    • Umer

Moderator September 8, 2020 at 7:41 am

A lot of conjecture can be thrown here but its better to leave it for the time when that unseen world manifests itself in front of us; chances are that most of these questions might be answered the moment that world unfolds.

Having said that, since Ghamidi Sahab has been asked once about nature of life in hell, probably its time to ask Ghamidi Sahab about nature of life in Jannah, specially w.r.t levels and degrees.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 8, 2020 at 7:52 am

Sure bhai- let me know if it is asked!

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 14, 2020 at 8:21 pm

Anxiously waiting!

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 11, 2020 at 3:39 pm

@UmerQureshi

Any updates?

• Umer

Moderator September 12, 2020 at 7:40 am

Not yet.

• Umer

Moderator September 20, 2020 at 10:13 pm

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 1:18:05 to 1:19:13

https://youtu.be/izRQOz6TNnE?t=4685

The discussion "Degrees Of Paradise" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now