Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Ghulam Pervez Translation Of Jinn

• Ghulam Pervez Translation Of Jinn

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on September 6, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Ghulam Pervez sahab argues jinn means a nomad because they are usually not seen that often. He argues that being created from fire is like creating man from haste. It is a bayan of an attitude or characteristic.

Did the Arabs have this idiom of ‘fiery’ personality?

Doesn’t this view fall apart when iblis comes into the picture as he was before man and a jinn

Umer replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Ghulam Pervez Translation Of Jinn

Umer updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2020 at 1:43 pm

Most of the concepts presented by Ghulam Ahmed Pervaiz sahab fall apart because they have no basis. If we know that humans are created from dust/mud, there’s no problem in believing that jinns are created from fire. At the fundamental level both are material and forms of energy. Haste is not material – it’s a concept.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 6, 2020 at 1:54 pm

Yes that’s what he means I think that the phrase that man was created from haste is similar to the phrase that jinn was created from smokeless fire. That the smokeless fire is the name of a characteristic. So does this idiom of a ‘fiery’ personality exist in Arabic?

He argues that the jinn are nomad humans. I guess this falls apart when it comes to the story of iblis

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2020 at 2:06 pm

I don’t know if the idiom exists, but even if it does, it doesn’t prove his point.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 6, 2020 at 2:07 pm

Because of the iblis story?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 6, 2020 at 2:10 pm

Not just because of that but also how Quran talks about jinns in other places, e.g. surah Jinn.

• Umer

Moderator September 7, 2020 at 1:35 am

Please refer to the video available in the following thread:

Discussion 1123

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register