Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Duas Of Prophets And Divine Will

• Duas Of Prophets And Divine Will

Posted by Sheharbano Ali on September 17, 2020 at 5:56 pm

They have misled many. So do not enable these evildoers to increase in anything except straying (from the Right Way).” (Surah Nuh, verse 24).

18. As we have explained in the introduction to this Surah, the Prophet Noah (peace be upon him) did not invoke this curse out of impatience but he invoked it when, after doing full justice to the preaching of his mission for many centuries, he became totally despaired of any success with his people. Similar were the conditions under which the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) had also cursed Pharaoh and his people, thus: Lord, destroy their wealth and harden their hearts in a manner so that they do not believe until they see the painful torment. And Allah, in response, had said: The prayer of you both has been granted (Surah Younus, Ayats 88-89). Like the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him), the Prophet Noah’s (peace be upon him) curse was also in complete conformity with divine will. Thus, in Surah Houd, it has been said: And it was revealed to Noah (peace be upon him): No more of your people will believe in you now than those who have already believed. So, do not grieve at their misdeeds. (verse 36).

(Towards understanding the Quran by Maulana Maududi).

Sheharbano Ali replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Duas Of Prophets And Divine Will

Sheharbano Ali updated 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Sheharbano Ali

Member September 17, 2020 at 5:59 pm

Im noticing a trend in the Duas of Prophets in the Quran. Everytime a Prophet makes a dua, it is in conformity with the Divine Will. Can we say that, once we submit our will to Allah’s, then all of our actions, wants etc. will also be in conformity with the Divine Will?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 18, 2020 at 11:30 am

I think the level of the prophets is higher. If a prophet made a wrong dua God would’ve surely rebuked them.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 18, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Sure, in that case God would’ve rebuked them. But making a wrong dua is one thing. On the contrary, making dua which is in complete conformity with the divine will is something else. Like this example I posted above. And also another, which got me thinking along the same lines. The famous verse of Surah Baqarah verse 286 from here,

Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.”

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 19, 2020 at 6:30 am

Sorry I don’t understand? Are you saying prophets know God’s will?

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 28, 2020 at 2:54 pm

No that’s not what I mean.

What im trying to say is, often times prophets made duas that conformed to the divine will of Allah, along with most of the other actions that they performed with the possibility of erring of course, being humans. But could we derive from this that once a person submits their will to Allah willingly, then most of their actions, intentions, etc will always be in conformity with the divine will, leasing to Allah’s pleasure.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 17, 2020 at 6:00 pm
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 19, 2020 at 7:11 am

It happened both ways. If a prophet’s prayer is not in line with the divine will or principle, it was rejected, for example, the prayer of Abraham seeking forgiveness for his father. However, since being true servant of Allah and under His constant guidance, they sometimes realized the right time for a right prayer, especially their prayers against their nation when they reached the final stage of their defiance were affirmed.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 28, 2020 at 2:58 pm

@Irfan76 sir, could we then derive from the book of Allah and the qasas ul anbiya scattered in different places in the Quran according to Allah’s wisdom regarding which bit fits where perfectly, that once a person decides to be guided and then even above that, decides to submit fully to Allah, then Allah takes control of His actions, etc. in the sense that whatever that person then does will be pleasing to Allah? In short, become His true slave.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 29, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Allah never takes control of one’s actions no matter he is good or bad.

However he or she may develop a sense and sensibility with their constant and consistent effort that guide them to right path and God helps them.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 30, 2020 at 10:35 am

I meant not literally of course. But in the sense that that person would reach this level by his ‘own’ constant effort and consistency in reviewing his inner self by the process of introspection. Which will then continue till the person is alive.

Like this Hadith Qudsi, On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (RadhiyAllahu ‘anhu) who said: The Messenger of Allah (SallaAllahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said,

“Verily Allah (Glorified may he be) has said: ‘Whosoever shows enmity to a wali (friend) of Mine, then I have declared war against him. And My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more beloved to Me than the religious duties I have obligated upon him. And My servant continues to draw near to me with nafil (supererogatory) deeds until I Love him. When I Love him, I become his hearing with which he hears, and his sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him; and were he to seek refuge with Me, I would surely grant him refuge.’ ”

[Reported by Bukhari]

@Irfan76 sir, please let me know if my understanding is wrong.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register