Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions 'In The Beginning, Was The Word'

Tagged: 

• 'In The Beginning, Was The Word'

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on September 19, 2020 at 3:51 pm

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

I just was wondering- verse 1-14 (except the added explanation in verse 14 in brackets) is completely in line with the Islamic narrative right? The word being ‘be’.

Verse 15 is right as well except for ‘he was before me’. Is there any explanation for this?

And isn’t verse 17 kind of blaspheming Moses AS?

And verse 18 seems like a clear interpolation.

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • 'In The Beginning, Was The Word'

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator September 21, 2020 at 7:58 am

Kindly quote proper references (as to what are you referring to) and post your questions in an elaborate manner.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 21, 2020 at 8:01 am

This is the King James Bible.

Am i correct in saying that if we take ‘the word’ to not mean Jesus عليه السلام but ‘Kun ’ do verses 1-14 line up with the Islamic narrative?

In verse 15, is there any explanation for when John عليه السلام allegedly says that Jesus عليه السلام was ‘before him’?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register