Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Homosexuality

• Homosexuality

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on September 19, 2020 at 8:35 pm

As a liberal would say- love is love. If two males decide not to practise their desires in the ghair pakeeza way then what is the problem? They can adopt etc etc

This is not an argument as to is homosexuality prohibited- it definitely is- rather the wisdom behind it

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Badar Khalid

Member September 20, 2020 at 6:49 am

Man is a social animal. We need a society to survive. When we observe our society we can conclude that family and family system is the basic element for a society to keep going. Some says that individual is the basic element but without family, individuals will be dead after 60 years and the existance of society will also come to an end. A family is formed by a Mother and a Father who raise their children. In short family acts as a mini society to train and nourish the young ones for the society. It is essential for the existance of a society otherwise human beings will cease to exist after some decades.

homosexuality is a threat for the existance of family system and ultimately society. Apart from all this, THERE IS ALSO NO BIOLOGICAL REASON OF HOMOSEXUALITY.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 20, 2020 at 8:56 am

Not everyone will be homosexual- this argument doesn’t hold weight

• Badar Khalid

Member September 20, 2020 at 9:39 am

I am not talking about everyone. Just discussing a basic trend.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 20, 2020 at 9:50 am

Still, we don’t make decisions based on biological problems. Cousin marriages for example. Marrying in an old age for example. By your logic we need to start correcting the human gene pool.

And anyway this is a non problem. If anything it will help orphans who no one will adopt

• Faizan

Member September 20, 2020 at 1:06 pm

Salam all

This Worldly life could be spent in two ways

1. Based on your personal likening/dislikening.

2. Trying to live according to directives of Allah and His prophet (PBUH)

1… shouldn’t expect any reward in hereafter

2… Marriage is defined as a relation between husband and a wife only. Islam doesn’t allow pre/post martial relationships as those could negatively affect the institution of family. Homosexuality is not genetic in nature. Hypothetically speaking … let’s say if it’s … but, if you fear your Lord then you should try your best to avoid such relationship.

• Taha Mobeen

Member September 20, 2020 at 2:56 pm

The problem is that humans were not created to be homo-sexual. Which I think from the above discussion that you agree on. Secondly the whole point of gender,sex ,reproduction is to create a society synchronized together in which people are told by nature to live together in peace and harmony or else everybody would be of the same gender and god would have devised another method for producing and grooming children. What I mean to say is that sex gives pleasure but it is not for pleasure and nothing natural in this world is as worthless as carrying the “for pleasure” tag. So life should not be considered “for pleasure” but a test from god and sex is not for fun but for human existance. God has kept pleasure in it like there is pleasure in eating and drinking just so nature doesnt burden humans in their test. It was easy for god to not put pleasure in these essentialities but then small hearted people will be commiting suicides alot more. If you start eating cockroaches you wouldnt die and physically probably become Bruce Lee(if he spent time in china) but that will not make eating cockroaches alright or even feasible. Similar goes for homo sexuality.

Thats my opinion and i would love to have an opposing feedback.

• Usama Akbar

Member September 20, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Asslamoalikum brothers. I just wrote a long article of questions that arise in every living person . I need an explanation for that but I can’t find my article in here .?

• Usama Akbar

Member September 20, 2020 at 3:31 pm

What are the options for an individual who identifies as the opposite gender to that of which they are assigned at birth? If the individual has felt “different” from a very young and their effeminate/masculine behaviour is natural and not an act, how can they see to rectify this problem they have that not many scholars understand? If they are mortified of marriage because they believe it can drive them to suicide or bringing shame to their family if their spouse will ridicule them for lacking the qualities one expects of the individual, and also being unable to have relations with them, and which will lead to a breakdown in the marriage and eventually divorce, how can this individual complete one-half of their faith since marriage is half of faith? How can one reconcile religion and their innermost feelings of gender dysphoria that otherwise will lead them to suicide if left untreated? Should this individual continue to live in the body Allah has assigned them at birth or is it permissible to seek modern medicinal treatment and even surgery to help them with their dysphoria and also help them avoid major sins?

• Faizan

Member September 20, 2020 at 3:45 pm

Marriage is NOT mandatory in Islam. However, I’m not aware of the authenticity/context of the narration you posted above.

Maybe a moderator/scholar can comment on it.

If a person’s body naturally undergo physical/hormonal changes overtime after their birth and a medical board identifies that a change in gender is needed through surgery then it is okay. But, one should not change their gender just because they feel different about their orientation.

• Usama Akbar

Member September 20, 2020 at 3:49 pm

In above question the person who is asking is medically told that his estrogen is far above than the required for a normal man. So it means he have a medical reason . In a simple way he is trans. So what he should do.? Also if he medically changes himself and becomes an opposite gender? Is it halal to marry him?

• Faizan

Member September 20, 2020 at 4:06 pm

We shouldn’t encourage a culture where a change in gender is determined by the person him/herself. I heard stories where people would take certain drugs to start their gender transformation. A Muslim should avoid such transformation efforts.

If a medical report advises a change in gender due to significant natural changes in the body’s hormonal balance (rare instances) then I don’t think marrying such a person would be an issue after completion of their gender correction.

In Islam a marriage can only take place between opposite gender (male/female)

This is my personal opinion & I’m not a religious scholar.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 20, 2020 at 4:08 pm

Please open a new discussion for this topic. Only reply to this thread with responses pertaining to homosexuality and the original post

• Usama Akbar

Member September 20, 2020 at 4:09 pm

Sorry brother. I couldn’t find topic related to this so I consider it good to get reply in this discussion. Sorry again

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 20, 2020 at 5:20 pm

No problem! You can start a new discussion any time

• Rafia Khawaja

Member September 20, 2020 at 5:17 pm

Topic of homsexuality has been already discussed in this forum before in detail

Please ask one of the moderators who can send you detailed clips including view of JG on this subject I personally expressed my views in full

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register