Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Homosexuality And Gender Identity

• Homosexuality And Gender Identity

Posted by Usama Akbar on September 20, 2020 at 12:54 pm

What are the options for an individual who identifies as the opposite gender to that of which they are assigned at birth? If the individual has felt “different” from a very young and their effeminate/masculine behaviour is natural and not an act, how can they see to rectify this problem they have that not many scholars understand? If they are mortified of marriage because they believe it can drive them to suicide or bringing shame to their family if their spouse will ridicule them for lacking the qualities one expects of the individual, and also being unable to have relations with them, and which will lead to a breakdown in the marriage and eventually divorce, how can this individual complete one-half of their faith since marriage is half of faith? How can one reconcile religion and their innermost feelings of gender dysphoria that otherwise will lead them to suicide if left untreated? Should this individual continue to live in the body Allah has assigned them at birth or is it permissible to seek modern medicinal treatment and even surgery to help them with their dysphoria and also help them avoid major sins?

Umer replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Homosexuality And Gender Identity

Umer updated 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Rafia Khawaja

Member September 20, 2020 at 8:32 pm

I understand what you are saying. I have personally seen this very closely. Many times you are born with these traits. In my opinion it could be genetic or a medical problem. I have closely seen a family where two brothers are gay and their khala’s son is also gay. How do you explain this.? I have seen several marriages broken up because they forced their gay son to marry hoping marriage will cure this problem. ! It never does. The marriages broke up after one day! It caused extreme distress to the bride and her family. This problem is there and you cannot make it disappear by telling the person to control his desires. Such people need psychiatric help and understanding.

I don’t have a clear answer. Only thing is such people need us to be kind. We should not despise them or rebuke them. We should pray for them and help them as much as we can.

I hope this helps.

• Umer

Moderator September 20, 2020 at 11:27 pm

Please also see this:

Discussion 31192

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register