Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hoor / Houri

Tagged: , ,

• Hoor / Houri

Nadeem Minhas updated 3 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • Faizan

Member September 22, 2020 at 7:29 pm

Salam,

I heard two opinions .. adding follow up questions in parentheses

1 … new creation (is there any merit to enter paradise and isn’t it a place for those who undergo test/trail in the world)

2…. it’s an adjective used for women with bigger eyes and won’t not be getting *real hoor* in heaven. (Isn’t this an attempt to

limit God on His rewards?)

• Afia Khan

Member September 22, 2020 at 7:39 pm

Ustadh Ghamdi Sahab answered those so many times.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 22, 2020 at 8:36 pm
    • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 23, 2020 at 9:24 am

But it doesn’t make sense, why can’t it be a different creation- the same look and adjectives are used as a women because they are similar. But it doesn’t make sense that the new creation of a human woman is described as not having been touched by jinn or human.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 23, 2020 at 9:40 am

That’s alright – this is one of the mutashabihat (allegorical) concepts so there can be differences of opinion. In the light of Quran 3:7, it’s best to leave it at that.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 23, 2020 at 9:41 am

👍

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 16, 2020 at 10:57 pm

It could be that creature you get, which is called Hoors, is original creation for each person in Junnah.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member December 16, 2020 at 11:04 pm

I am bringing my original question or comment about Hoors here.

Saw a video of Ghamidi Sahib explaining Hoors in Junnah. Quran says they will be of big eyes and no human or Jinn would have touched them. I love Ghamidi Sahib, but I am not sure how Ghamidi Sahib takes this to a completely different direction and says those will be our current wives! I would love to have my wife again, but that is not the point. First, most wives in this World do not have big eyes. Also there is no guarantee both will earn Junnah, so I guess some people in Junnah will be single. Then many people have only 1 wife and Quran talks about many Hoors in Junnah. Also, why would Quran mention that they would not have been touched by Human or Jinn. First many people are married to a divorced woman, so she is already touched by another human and she has been a wife of multiple person. How would we split her in Junnah between two men. Then if Hoors are the same as our existing wife or wives, then where does the question of being touched by Jinns comes from. Plus having our own wife again in Junnah and having only one wife again takes away all the charm of Junnah. Since Ghamidi Sahib advises to use logic and common sense when judging, my common sense tells me Hoors can’t be our existing wife or wives. Although everything is possible with Allah, but Ghamidi Sahib’s explanation doesn’t carry weight or not supported by good facts or convincing argument.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register