Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Envy Of Wealth

Tagged: ,

• Envy Of Wealth

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on September 23, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Sometimes when I see ultra rich people (I’m sure this is relatable) it is very disheartening to see how easy they have life. This would be fine if they were non Muslims.

But some Muslims are very pious, righteous and also rich. It feels very unfair.

My mind always goes to Suleyman عليه السلام and how he had the greatest kingdom ever. Then it goes to Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and how he was in poverty.

What is the ailment and solution to this?

If I look at those below me I become selfish and think ‘well I still want to be richer’.

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Envy Of Wealth

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 23, 2020 at 10:44 pm

There’s no problem in wanting to be rich and working hard towards your goal. Just make sure that you remain conscious of God at all times and discipline your actions and decisions to always remain within the bounds set by Him. That’s exactly what taqwa is.

There’s also no problem in looking at rich people and thinking to yourself that I want to be like them. What’s forbidden is being jealous of them, hating them for their money, and wanting to have all of their money yourself.

Hopefully the following video will help looking at things with the correct perspective.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register