Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Belief In Other Scriptures

Tagged: , ,

• Belief In Other Scriptures

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on September 24, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Should we read the Torah and injeel as it’s quite difficult to access and understand sometimes what is correct and what isn’t? If so how can we believe in them?

Umer replied 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Belief In Other Scriptures

Umer updated 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 24, 2020 at 3:19 pm

Is it kind of like brief in the destruction of aad and thamud – we haven’t seen it but the Quran tells us about it so we believe it. So kind of like from the ghayb

• Rafia Khawaja

Member September 24, 2020 at 3:20 pm

You have to believe in all the books Allah sent down before the Qur’an

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 24, 2020 at 3:20 pm

Yes- I am asking for the nature and practical implications of that belief

• Umer

Moderator September 28, 2020 at 1:10 pm

For answer, please refer to the video below from 5:01 to 10:09

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 28, 2020 at 1:37 pm

Thank you bhai- could you answer a bit more specifically to my original question?

I’ll add some- how can we believe in the other scriptures when we know they are not credible and authentic and contain many blasphemies?

We can believe that deen was always islam because GOD said so- because we believe the Quran to be true.

What are the implications of this belief we hold in this scripture

• Umer

Moderator September 28, 2020 at 1:52 pm

This belief is not a belief in their current form, rather a belief that they indeed were revealed by God at whatever time they were revealed. Implication being, they are all from the one God, the only creator of this universe, as explained by Ghamidi Sahab as well.

To study them as a Muslim, we have to do that under umbrella of Quran.

وَأَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَمُهَيْمِنًا عَلَيْهِ فَاحْكُم بَيْنَهُم بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللّهُ وَلاَ تَتَّبِعْ أَهْوَاءهُمْ عَمَّا جَاءكَ مِنَ الْحَقِّ (٥: ٤٨)

And [O Prophet!] We have revealed to you the Book with the truth in confirmation of the Book before it, and standing as a guardian over it. Therefore, give judgement among men according to the guidance revealed by God and do not yield to their whims by swerving from the truth revealed to you. (5:48)

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor September 28, 2020 at 1:57 pm

So it is just like the belief in for example nuh عليه السلام- we don’t have any evidence or aasaar- it is just because God said so (I have no problem with this; just clarifying)

I mean we do have aasaar but we have to be very careful.

Because it is basically dhanni- and you can’t say with certainty that God said this (anything from the current bible)

• Umer

Moderator September 28, 2020 at 2:01 pm

Yes, that’s my understanding as well.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register