Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Can Missed Farz Fasts Be Counted By Having Shawwal Fasts For Many Years

Tagged: 

• Can Missed Farz Fasts Be Counted By Having Shawwal Fasts For Many Years

Posted by Sundus Siddiqui on September 25, 2020 at 6:10 am

Assalam Alaikum Wa Rehmatullah Wa Barakatohu,

I have missed my 90 days Mandatory Fasts,some due to I had exams, & other days when I was pregnant. I have been keeping my 6 days Shawwal Fasts for the last 13 years( i.e in total 78days).

My query is that would these 78 days Fasts in total be counted to overcome my missed Fasts or not?? Do I need to keep all 90 Fast days from the beginning???

Kindly answer my question,

JazzakAllah Khairan Kaseeran.

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Can Missed Farz Fasts Be Counted By Having Shawwal Fasts For Many Years

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 25, 2020 at 10:20 am

As per the Quran, the count of missed days should be completed in other days.

Quran 2:183-184

Translation by Asad

O YOU who have attained to faith! Fasting is ordained for you as it was ordained for those before you, so that you might remain conscious of God: [fasting] during a certain number of days. But whoever of you is ill, or on a journey, [shall fast instead for the same] number of other days; and [in such cases] it is incumbent upon those who can afford it to make sacrifice by feeding a needy person. And whoever does more good than he is bound to do does good unto himself thereby; for to fast is to do good unto yourselves – if you but knew it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register