Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam People Of Knowledge

• People Of Knowledge

Posted by Sheharbano Ali on September 28, 2020 at 3:27 pm

According to Amin Ahsan Islahi sb and Ghamidi sb, in the verses 30-33 of Surah al Baqarah, Allah is referring to the prophets, siddiqeen, shuhada, saliheen (basically the guided ones) as the ‘names’ taught to Adam (AS).

Then apart from this, at various places in the Quran Allah even describes people eg. Luqman (as) as the one who possessed ‘wisdom’.

Taking Allah’s scheme in view, it seems that this world is made for everyone of course but specifically for those who will use their faculties to recognize Allah and then use His book to educate themselves in order to purify both their knowledge and actions.

My question is, for people who don’t fulfill this purpose in this world. Will they get a chance in the Hereafter? I mean, the knowledge of the book of God is everything. Will they be deprived of it eternally then?

Umer replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • People Of Knowledge

Umer updated 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 28, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Not everyone is given the same amount of knowledge and wisdom. Everyone is being tested according to the resources that they’re granted, and everyone’s accountability will be based on that as well. Also just because at one point in time someone has decided to not use wisdom and knowledge in order to achieve the required purity, doesn’t mean that they will necessarily continue to do the same until they die. Our job is to help anyone we can understand the message of God as best as we can, and leave the reward and punishment up to God, for He’s the only one who knows why someone behaved a certain way in life.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 28, 2020 at 3:54 pm

“Not everyone is given the same amount of knowledge and wisdom.” – Is it that not everybody is given the same amount of knowledge and wisdom or not everybody qualifies by their own efforts for the knowledge and wisdom? Im asking because Quran, the ultimate source of knowledge and wisdom is for all of us. And anyone who reads with open eyes and heart can reap its fruits.

Another clarification Faisal bhai, regardless of why or for what reasons one did not educate themselves or qualify for God’s guidance. Considering the current situation of us Muslims where noone picks up the Quran to ‘understand’ it. Will such people get a chance in the Hereafter? Or could we say that this is the reason for Qiyamah to take place? The Quran will unfold so everything thats in it will appear before the eyes of everyone-regardless of who read it in this world and vice versa.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 28, 2020 at 4:01 pm

Actually, can we assume that the Hereafter in itself is the manifestation of Quran and everything in it? Since, the ultimate reality will unfold on the Day of Judgement. Is it because if this that the Hereafter is a mercy of Allah for us?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 28, 2020 at 4:19 pm

I’m not sure if I understand what you mean by hereafter being the manifestation of the Quran and everything that it contains. The day of judgement is an event that’s about to occur. All prophets and messengers have brought us the same news. There’s also life after that event, and all the prophets showed us how we can be forward looking, prepare for that life, and have a safe and comfortable eternal future. If this is what you were referring to then I agree.

Please also see:

Discussion 22463

• Sheharbano Ali

Member September 28, 2020 at 4:46 pm

I’ll rephrase what I was trying to say. The purpose of the knowledge of Quran for an individual is to introduce him to The Reality – Reality of who God is, reality of us, and reality of all that exists.

So the reality you can only know by reading and understanding the book of God. Now as for the people who don’t do that and deprive themselves of being able to look beyond the apparent. Their knowledge isnt true in terms of God, people, the life of this world etc.

But eventually, on the Day of Judgment, everyone, whether or not they acquired the knowledge given to them by Allah as His book, will come to know what The Reality is. The only difference would be, those who read His book in this world, would already know. But those who didn’t, they will realise at that moment but their realisation would be of no avail.

This is what i meant when I said that the Hereafter would be a manifestation of all that the Quran has to say to us.

Please correct me if im wrong.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 28, 2020 at 5:22 pm

I guess you can look at it that way, however, there are lots of winding philosophical debates about the nature of truth and reality that really lead to nowhere.

As a personal perspective, I don’t mind the way you look at it, but as soon as you will try to communicate this concept with others, you’ll find yourself in the middle of those debates. Questions will be raised about how can we know what reality really is, and how can we know if our own existence is real or just a simulation, etc. The problem with these debates is that they’re all based on imagination and are themselves far removed from the reality.

I think that the Quran gives us an absolutely phenomenal and an extremely stable foundation to base our worldview upon, and if we understand it the way it wants us to understand it then we save ourselves a lot of unproductive brain cycles.

• Umer

Moderator September 29, 2020 at 9:58 am

Following comments of Ghamidi Sahab will add further insight into this matter hopefully; please refer to the video below from 37:27 to 39:19

https://youtu.be/weuhUMjUXjc?t=2247

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register