Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Type Of Meat – Allowed Or Preferred For Sadaqah

• Type Of Meat – Allowed Or Preferred For Sadaqah

Posted by Khalid Younus on September 29, 2020 at 11:05 am

Assalam-o-Alaikum,

My question is as follows: We have always heard to give goat/lamb meat for Sadaqah. Can one give Chicken meat instead of goat/lamb?

The reason I ask is that for the amount one spends in sacrificing a goat, one gets a lot more chicken. For example, for Rs. 10000, one can sacrifice a number of chickens and can get 20 KG of chicken meat to distribute. On the other hand, for the same amount of 10000, one can sacrifice a goat but can only get 10 KG of meat to distribute. Therefore, in the case of the chicken, the meat can reach out to many more people.

Therefore, based on Hadith, can one give Chicken meat for Sadaqah? Kindly also give me a hadith number if it does exist for this specific case.

May Allah swt reward for providing guidance. Aameen.

Regards

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Type Of Meat – Allowed Or Preferred For Sadaqah

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 29, 2020 at 11:43 am

The concept of sadaqa as used in our culture has no basis in Islam. The word sadaqa in the Quran is synonymous with infaq which means to financially help an individual or the society in their needs.

https://youtu.be/76t9CBUblHs

• Mehreen Moaviya

Member December 8, 2020 at 2:37 pm

Thank you very much for sharing the video link. It has clarified the concept of Sadqah in Islam but my confusion is still there regarding the concept of Jinnaat and other evil creatures who live anywhere on land and when we occupy that land, they can harm us.

This is what people around me say that those creatures can be prevented by slaughtering an animal so that they feed on the blood of that animal and they won’t harm us.

Does Allah Ta’ala tell this anywhere in Quran about preventing those evil creatures?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator December 8, 2020 at 3:06 pm

This thread is specifically about sadaqa.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register