Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Lottery Machine At Convenience Store

Tagged: ,

• Lottery Machine At Convenience Store

Posted by Sardar Khan on October 2, 2020 at 2:41 pm

Is it totally Haram to have lottery commission earned from terminal at your Convenience store? I am confused because in one video Ghamidi sahb said selling Haram to those who dont think its haram is disliked but not a prohibited act.

Umer replied 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Lottery Machine At Convenience Store

Umer updated 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 2, 2020 at 4:06 pm

I don’t recall a blanket statement by Ghamidi sahab that selling haram to those who don’t consider it haram is okay. He might have alluded to something similar based on a given situation in a certain context.

Lottery tickets are considered gambling and we are required to stay away from gambling in the Quran.

Quran 5:90-91

Translation by Asad

O YOU who have attained to faith! Intoxicants, and games of chance, and idolatrous practices, and the divining of the future are but a loathsome evil of Satan’s doing:’ shun it, then, so that you might attain to a happy state! By means of intoxicants and games of chance Satan seeks only to sow enmity and hatred among you, and to turn you away from the remembrance of God and from prayer. Will you not, then, desist?’

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 2, 2020 at 4:06 pm
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 2, 2020 at 4:07 pm

For detailed explanation, please see:

Discussion 31659 • Reply 31660

• Umer

Moderator October 2, 2020 at 4:38 pm

You might be referring to this video, please listen to this again. I think it satisfactorily answers the question. In case of any confusion, please do ask.

https://youtu.be/HtopFGmYDSY

• Umer

Moderator October 12, 2020 at 8:07 am

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 1:14:22 to 1:15:55

https://youtu.be/BGqbemUGFYw?t=4462

The discussion "Lottery Machine At Convenience Store" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now