Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy The 4 Imam Of Fiqh Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi, Hanbali

Tagged: , , ,

• The 4 Imam Of Fiqh Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi, Hanbali

Posted by Rafia Khawaja on October 3, 2020 at 7:50 pm

Is there any difference in the 4 madhabs?

Recently I learnt that Abu Hanifa believes that the food of Ahle Kitab is halal for the Muslims. Therefore thousands of his Muslims followers who believe in his fatwa eat meat in the Western countries

What do the other Madhabs believe?

Waqas Hussain replied 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • The 4 Imam Of Fiqh Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi, Hanbali

• Rafia Khawaja

Member October 3, 2020 at 9:10 pm

Can any one tell me which countries do the followers of Imam Shafi live in?

• Waqas Hussain

Member November 6, 2020 at 5:16 am

10 to 15 percent Muslims follow shaffi school of thought,

In today’s world where moving around because of economic and political reasons is so common that we can hardly bound people of one location to one fiqah, followers of each school of thought are everywhere nearly.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member October 3, 2020 at 9:14 pm

Which countries do the followers of Imam Hanifa live in?

I would like to know about all the 4 Imams and are their fatwas different from each other?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member October 3, 2020 at 9:48 pm

Is Abu Hanifa’s fatwa based on some hadith?

• Rafia Khawaja

Member October 5, 2020 at 12:38 am

My apologies. I have been corrected. It is Imam Shafi whose fatwa was that the food including meat served by the people of Ahle Kitab is halal for the Muslims.

I’m sorry the information I wrote earlier is not correct. Abu Hanifa’s fatwa was that Allah’s name must be taken when slaughtering an animal to make it halal.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 5, 2020 at 1:03 am

Differences of these Fiqhi schools are very technical which requires a special study to learn about them. They have different framework and deduce different results. A series of articles on this topic recently written by the eminent scholar Ammar Khan Nasir can be helpful if you can read Urdu. Here is the link:

http://www.al-mawrid.org/index.php/articles_urdu/ajax_author_urdu/ishraq/associate_author_articles/43

Most of the Muslim population is Hanafi, like in India, Pakistan Bangladesh, Afghanistan, etc. The followers of Imam Shafii’i are found in Egypt and also in the middle east.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member October 5, 2020 at 1:52 pm

Shukria

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor November 3, 2020 at 9:05 pm

The four imams- life and fiqh playlist

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register