Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Mecca Or Petra

Tagged: 

• Mecca Or Petra

Posted by Monis Saeed on October 3, 2020 at 11:43 pm

I came across the following documentary which talks about roots of Islam. It discusses the origin of Islam was in Petra instead of Mecca . How true it can be ? Or How can we deny this theory.

https://youtu.be/QHoS-63VWgU

Umer replied 1 year ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Mecca Or Petra

Umer updated 1 year ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 4, 2020 at 1:05 am

There are lots of misleading “documentaries” like this. If you find any compelling points in it, please state those along with a time stamp of each where it’s discussed in the video.

In general, it doesn’t take much to debunk this kind of newly discovered research based facts that contradict established history.

• Monis Saeed

Member October 4, 2020 at 11:09 pm

I will have to re watch the video again but I can list down some points which should be discussed:

He shows some ancient trade routes map , mecca is not mentioned in it but petra is . If mecca was the center of pilgrims and business hub , it should be mentioned.

Nabateans arab used to pray in petra and the area is some what similar to the description of mecca and birth place of Prophet (PBUH) .

Early Islamic mosques of directs towards petra instead of mecca.

Becca means lots of weeping, it can be true for petra as it has underwent lots of earthquakes.

Petra was a flourished city but mecca is most of desert.

There are lots of caves in the surrounding areas which can be true for Prophets SAW ibadat but there are less to none such places in mecca.

Civil wars in early islamic civilization could have lead towards destruction of petra.

This is just a theory which is in its very early ages.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 4, 2020 at 11:54 pm

Has he discovered all trade route maps? It’s not necessary for every map to include every town.

Please see the attached academic research by Professor David King in this regard.

I see not enough weight in the rest of the points raised by Dan Gibson. Makkah and it’s significance in the history is an established fact, not a hearsay story. To deny an established fact of this magnitude, one needs evidence of the same magnitude or a greater.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 5, 2020 at 12:38 am

Perpetual and incessant reporting of of history i.e. from generations to generations cannot be questioned for lack of documentary proofs or evidences. This is but a fallacy of argument. Makkah to the center of Islam is perpetual and incessant reporting of living history from generations to generations. To doubt it is out of question.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 15, 2021 at 10:11 pm
  • Umer

Moderator April 4, 2023 at 1:10 pm

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 35:36 to 38:41

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register