Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Ignorance Of Hazrat Nooh A.S.?

Tagged: , ,

• Ignorance Of Hazrat Nooh A.S.?

Posted by Danish Ju on October 4, 2020 at 12:41 pm

I would like to refer Sura-e-Hud verses 46-47 in which Allah warns to Hazrat Nooh A.S that “So ask Me not of what you do not know. I warn you not to be one of the ignorant.” And Hazrat Nooh A.S replied to Allah “Preserve me, O Lord, from asking you that of which I have no knowledge.” My question is that what fact was not known to Hazrat Nooh A.S. about that son? Did he really not aware of the conduct and character of the son?

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Ignorance Of Hazrat Nooh A.S.?

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator October 4, 2020 at 2:47 pm

I see it somewhat of a similar reminder by Allah:

It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even though they may be near of kin (to them) after it has become clear that they are people of hell fire. The prayer of Abraham for the forgiveness of his father was only because of a promise he had promised him, but when it had become clear to him that he (his father) was an enemy to Allah he (Abraham) disowned him. Lo! Abraham was soft of heart, lone suffering. [9:113-114]

Because at the very end of verse 46, it is being said to Nuh (AS) to not be overwhelmed with emotions (because decision of Azab based on itmam-e-hujjah is solely a decision based on Allah’s ilm).

• Danish Ju

Member October 8, 2020 at 12:14 pm

Then what will be the literal translation of the first part of verse 46 which says

“يَا نُوحُ إِنَّهُ لَيْسَ مِنْ أَهْلِكَ ۖ إِنَّهُ عَمَلٌ غَيْرُ صَالِحٍ ۖ

I request not to use any within bracket comments, just the translation please

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 8, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Ghamidi sahab translation:

اے نوح، وہ تیرے گھر والوں میں سے نہیں ہے، وہ نہایت نابکار ہے

• Danish Ju

Member October 8, 2020 at 1:32 pm

برائے مہربانی غامدی صاحب سے بھی پوچھ لیں کہ کیا واقعی اس کا ترجمہ یہی بنتا ہے؟

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 8, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Danish sahab, I have asked you before that if you have a point to make please make it clearly. There’s no reason to beat around the bush.

Your above response is considered an allegation that Ghamidi sahab might know that the verse means something different, but he has knowingly translated it incorrectly. This is not acceptable.

• Umer

Moderator October 8, 2020 at 1:51 pm

And besides your original question was:

…”My question is that what fact was not known to Hazrat Nooh A.S. about that son? Did he really not aware of the conduct and character of the son?“…

To which I have responded that it is Allah’s decision of Azab based on itmam-e-hujjah whose reality and ilm only Allah possesses, which even no Prophet can possess. Nuh (AS) being human was also overwhelmed with emotions to which he was reminded of this fact. Verse 46 when read completely (not in parts) makes it clear.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 23, 2020 at 12:49 pm

Im struggling to understand why God says “of that which you have no knowledge.” no knowledge about his son’s character or beliefs? @AhmadShoaib

• Sheharbano Ali

Member October 23, 2020 at 1:10 pm

Or no knowledge of what Hazrat Nuh (as) said in the previous ayah about his son being his family. So Allah is basically telling him that blood relationships arent the criteria for who gets saved in the azaab but the deeds – and that your son is definitely not from among those of your family that should be saved.

Please clarify @AhmadShoaib

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor October 23, 2020 at 1:14 pm

I think Umer bhai saying this:

‘Because at the very end of verse 46, it is being said to Nuh (AS) to not be overwhelmed with emotions (because decision of Azab based on itmam-e-hujjah is solely a decision based on Allah’s ilm).’

Is the main thing.

Then the direct answer would be that Nuh عليه السلام did not have (full) knowledge of why God made this decision as no prophet or human can access this.

Please let me know if you think there is something wrong in what I said

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register