Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Inheritance Of Orphaned Grandchildren

• Inheritance Of Orphaned Grandchildren

Posted by Hamayoun Kaasai on October 5, 2020 at 1:02 pm

What are the inheritance rights of children whose father die during the life of grandfather. Mufti’s in our area say that those orphans cease to have any right in inheritance. When the grand father die, only his sons and daughters will be the beneficiaries of inheritance. Whereas grand children / orphans whose father had died when grandfather was alive, will get nothing from the inheritance of their grandfather. Kindly elaborate this issue as My mind doesn’t accept this logic and I consider it injustice. I believe Islam and Allah can’t do injustice. So how can those orphans be left at the mercy of society with nothing in hand from the inheritance.

Umer replied 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Inheritance Of Orphaned Grandchildren

Umer updated 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 5, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Our Fuqha are of the opinion that grand children are not supposed to receive any share from their grandparents’ inheritance. To them the near kin that is uncles and aunts supercede grandchildren.

To us, grandchildren take the place of their parents in the hierarchy and are entitled to receive the share of their deceased parents.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member October 5, 2020 at 1:51 pm

Agree

• Umer

Moderator October 5, 2020 at 2:47 pm

And for a detailed insight on this matter, you can refer to the following link to read the article written by Javed Ahmed Ghamidi Sahab.

Discussion 10380 • Reply 18492

For further clarification on principle mentioned by Irfan Sahab, you can refer to the video below.

The discussion "Inheritance Of Orphaned Grandchildren" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now